*UPDATED* Chapter 19: Kingdom of the Ram

"Lord Calder, we had not been expecting you to visit," a guard says in surprise as he and his partner look upon the trio curiously. "Is aught amiss?" Calder simply smiles with a pleasant expression as he waves his hand dismissively.

"No, no. I have come to check on the Stone of Aries," he informs lightly as the two nod their heads but their gazes quickly shift to the strangers behind him.

"And what of these two? I have not seen their faces before," says the other guard with a suspicious look in his eyes.

"Worry not gentleman. These two are currently under my protection from a worrisome threat that I am sure you are aware of?" Calder asks offhandedly as he crosses his arms over his chest.

The guards then stand up straighter as they give firm nods in affirmation of Calder's inquiry. "Well aware are we that Proteus has broken free from his prison. If he desires something from these young ones then it only makes sense that they are under your protection. Please excuse us for our behavior." The guards bow respectfully but Calder doesn't seem to care in the least as the veil opens just enough for them to slip through and he does so with them following without a single regard for the men stationed at the entrance behind them.

"So why did you choose to bring us with you?" Serena asks after they have gotten far enough away from the militaristic guards.

Calder looks over his shoulder at her with a mysterious smile as they swim along through the streets of Nerisia.

Serena marvels at the sheer beauty of the kingdom as the buildings are made from polished rock and jewels with each building being likened to that of smaller versions of a grand palace. The people swam about with carefree expressions as children swam about the streets and in between all that stand in their paths.

However, something that Serena notices is the consistency of the color of their tails. Each person's tail is of a varying shade of red with dark hair and skin. She finds herself comparing them to those of Africa who share similar qualities but that may also be in due part to Nerisia being near the continent itself. However that explains little as to how she found herself here as she turns her thoughts back to how it is they came to be here.

Serena had been swimming in the gardens with Prince Oceanus, following up on her promise to get to know him in order to understand him when Calder appeared with her brother in tow. Naturally, the prince was curious as to why Calder would want to bring the humans with him to Nerisia but the only explanation he gave was that of them needing to be near him so he can better protect them from Proteus. Though this was indeed true for Nerisia is on the other side of the world and Aquaria sits within the Pacific Ocean while Nerisia rests in the Indian Ocean. None of them even had a chance to fully question Calder before he suddenly opened up a portal and teleported them outside of Nerisia's veil.

It takes her a moment to realize that Calder is speaking to her when Rodion decides to jab her in her side to bring her back to the present causing her to throw a glare his way before tuning back into Calder's explanation.

"—safer for you two to remain with me because I am unable to protect you when you are so far away and Cascata dwells within the Northern parts of the Atlantic Ocean. Therefore this arrangement only makes sense."

Serena has no idea how his explanation even began but she decides not to ask considering Calder seems like the sort to find displeasure in those who don't listen when they're being spoken to.

"So where are we going now?" Rodion asks after a whole trip of silence and observation.

Calder faces forward once more as they swim up to the palace gates and are allowed through upon verifying Calder's identity. "First we must meet with the King of Nerisia. I cannot simply go to the resting place of Aries without informing the King."