01

✿ I r e n e ✿

The moment I opened my eyes, Depression already ate me. I feel so weak that even talking to aunt makes my stomach turn upside-down. I'm just 16 yet I don't want to live anymore.

"Are you okay, sweetie? you're paler than yesterday." My aunt ask as she puts some pancake and bacon at my plate. I look at her with big smiles. "I'm totally fine, auntie no need to worry. It's just that I had a nightmare last night." I lied about having a nightmare cuz the truth is it has been last week since I ate inappropriately. Instead of eating thrice a day, I only eat once a day. Cuz I want to kill myself by starving myself, whenever I came back to this cozy house and my aunt starts questioning me about school and work. I always greet her with big smiles and tell her that I'm doing great at school and at work, and the students are so nice to me that they always treat me at lunch. Just to make sure that she won't worry about me.

"Oh dear, do you need some tea to relax your mind?" she ask again and look at me with sincerity and care. Just by staring at her eyes makes me wanna think that the world is beautiful that the world I've been living is full of care and peace.

I shake my head politely and stand up after finishing my breakfast, I said goodbye to mg aunt and kiss her cheeks. Looking at my aunt gives me confidence especially when I see her motherly smile that shows both of her dimple and a little bit of her wrinkles around her eyes. As I walk straight to my bike and position myself to ride it. I started pedaling to as a strong wind passed me by making my straight silky hair to be blown by the wind. The school that I attend is close to my aunt's house if walking it would only take 30 mins but if you have a bike it would only take for 15 or 10 minutes depending on how fast you pedal.

When I already arrive at school the happiness that I felt already melt, Fear takes over my body as my fingers and feet tremble whenever I walk towards the area where I park my bike. I can feel the eyes of my schoolmates laughing and mocking me as I walk with my trembling feet. A foot suddenly block my path making me trip and fall at the ground together with my bike.

"Oops, I didn't see ya." The girl sarcastically said as she laugh together with her friends.

"Hey! you shouldn't bully her like that" Another female schoolmate of mine. I saw her grin towards me, but what caught my attention was the bucket that she was holding. "Instead bully her like this" she said as she throw the bucket filled with water and garbage towards me. I was completely soaked other than that I smell so bad like I feel like I didn't was myself for 3 days.

She laugh at me with pure amusement, As she put some paper with scotch tape on my forehead. "Bye bitch, see ya later if you can still survive." she said as she tapped violently at my cheeks making it turn into deep rep. When she and our other schoolmates went inside. I decided to stand up and park my bike under a tree. When I get the paper that was in my forehead I sigh and shake my head. "I already know that no need to mention it." I said as I throw the paper that says "Complete Trash" In a nearby garbage can.

Before I go to my classroom, I went to the comfort room and change my uniform with an entirely new uniform. I know that this incident will happen so I pack a new set of uniform incase of emergency. After tidying myself up I glance at the comfort room's mirror and look at my reflection. I can clearly see my horrible face, the deep red on my left cheeks, my dry and pale lips, and my dark eyebags.

"Oh look what we have here" The girl that throw the bucket back at the parking area said. I started feeling nervous when I realized that she has her friends at her back making them 5 and I'm alone so I don't have anybody on my side. She starts pulling my hair that I feel like I'm turning bald. While one of her friends that has a hazelnut hair start ruining my uniform with the help of her blonde friend. And the one with curly black hair start filling the sink with water when it's already full they start drowning me into the water. I tried fighting back with all my strength but I feel so weak.

'Why am I fighting them back even when I want to die si badly' I thought when I just realize that If I die my aunt will be lonely again making her house from cozy to gloomy. Just thinking about my aunt's feeling gives me strength and energy. I successfully fight back for the first time in my life. I gasp for some air, while the girl that drowned me looks so mad and furious about what i've done.

"You fucking bitch you really know how to make me mad do ya?" she shout as she pushes me real hard making me trip and bump my head at wall making it bleed. They all looks at me with panic and nervous. 

"Let's go before someone caught us" She said as she and her friends quickly went out in the comfort room. I just lean at the wall with head full of dizziness, I can't move my feet nor my hand. I feel like there's an elephant sitting on me. So this is how I die? I accept my fate as I speak for the last time.

"I'm sorry, auntie." I said as I closed my eyes peacefully. Until I heard a running footsteps coming.

"Miss, Can you hear me?!" A male voice shout in front of me as he shake my body gently. I tried opening my eyes to see his face but all I can see is black as the voice that I hear is fading fast until I can't hear a thing.