And so the fun begins

A whole year of freedom. Summer break seemed to be a couple of months full of groundhog days. I'm not complaining as it was usually spent goofing around with lee, an afternoon on the beach with the Flynn's, and a night cuddled up to Noah. Hard life, huh?

Talking of a hard life, dad left at the beginning of summer... for the next two years. Work offered him a temporary role as manager. Meaning me and Brad are now living with the Flynns, *screams with joy*!! Maybe it's for the best though, right? He never agreed with me and Noah in the first place, so he didn't have to put up with seeing us together all summer. But what was better than living with your two best friends for a whole summer, and with your bestest friend for a whole year?

"This summer has flown. I bet we're going to regret taking this year off, it will probably go as fast as summer did." Lee groans loudly.

"C'mon Lee, it's not all that bad. A whole year of doing whatever we want, whenever we want. And the whole house to ourselves every day!" It's true, Brads back at school, Mrs Flynn works at Brads school of a daytime and at a restaurant after school until nine ish, and Mr Flynn works away all week.

"Yeah, we could do anything, we could even have sex all day if we really wanted..." I blankly state at him for a while and then we just both crack into hysterics of laughter.

"You come out with some wired ass phrases sometimes!"

"Well, you get what I'm saying, anything our little hearts desire," he stares dreamily out the window, "would it be weird if I invited Rachel over, like, right now?"

"Anything your little heart desires." I mock him in his romantic impression.

"HEY! My little heart thinks that today could be the day, actually!"

*facepalms* "well, as I am such a supportive best friend, I approve of your request." I hand him his mobile, the acoustics in the room amplifying the noise of the keyboard sound effect. Then silence.

"How do you fancy a trip to Louisiana next week as well?" Lee nods at the wall where a picture of the family's picturesque lodge hangs. My eyes light up.

"Erm, hell yeah!!" I jump up and do a funny dance, Lee just striding off whilst chuckling and shaking his head. "You know what I'm really craving right now?"

"A double choc chip frappe?" Lee hollers from the bathroom.

"You got it!" Just an excuse to get out the house whilst him and Rachel were getting it on.

"I was just thinking the exact same! Soya milk and sprinkles, as usual, love you!"

"Love you too!"

—————
One week later
—————

I've only ever been to the Flynn's lodge once, which was last year when Noah was at football camp all summer and couldn't come. This time it's just me and Lee. As much as I love Mr & Mrs Flynn, it's not ideal that whenever you want to do something funny with your best friend, you've got to be accompanied by your second parents.

It's also not ideal that your boyfriend is at university on the opposite side of the country.

"Hey, how are classes going?" I sigh down the phone.

"It's going great thanks, everyone is so friendly!" Noah chimed enthusiastically.

"I bet you've eaten too many pot noodles to count, right?" I joke down the line.

"Actually, one of my roommates is amazing at cooking, it's like we're a family already!"

"Who's this head chef then?"

"Becca, her food is l u s h, it's so sweet of her to cook for us all every day," My heart sank... sweet?? He'd only been away the best part of two weeks and he was already going around calling other girls sweet?! "Hellooooo, are you still on the line?"

"Yeah, sweet huh?" We both sense the bitter aftertaste that last comment left.

"Elle, she's a friend that I met not even two weeks ago. You're my girlfriend that I've known my whole life. My heart will always belong with you." He always knew when to say the sweetest things.

"Ok, I'll speak to you tomorrow." I was still kind of salty though...

—————

Hahahha, why was this chapter so dead??😂😭😭
Kisses
-E xxxx

P.S. I think I've discovered that the chapters are probs going to be pretty short, I'm a ded person, oK!! Hope that's alright though :)