Chapter 11

JASMIN

Waking up the next the next morning was a surreal experience. One minute I was sleeping, the next my eyes started to open and I slowly started to remember the events of the night. Turning my head, I didn't see Lorenzo anywhere and touching the pillow next to me, it felt so cold. Sitting up, I looked around and saw that it was indeed empty, my heart dropped. Did he just leave me here? Was I just a booty call? The happy feeling I awoke with just disappeared.

I got up slowly and went out to the living area to see if by chance, Lorenzo was out there. Again I was disappointed; an empty hotel room thundered in silence. I felt all the happy feelings quickly dissolve.

"Shake it off Jasmin, no regrets" I tell myself this as I turn and head to the  shower. "I need to get ready to spend my last day in Rome sightseeing, not moping around."

The shower made me relax and reflect on the night with Lorenzo. It was a good night, a great night actually. I also reminded myself that no promises were made, just a night of great sex. Getting dressed, I put on one of my favourite songs by Aretha Franklin, guaranteed to make me feel better as I sang along . I pulled out an outfit and a pair of flats that could see me through the long day of sightseeing I wanted to do - after all I still had a few sights left to see in Rome before I had to leave with the tour.

Taking a deep breath, I headed out the door to have breakfast. Rome here I come! To hell with him!

LORENZO

I turn and feel such warmth coming from next to me. For a moment, I'm confused and then it comes to me - Jasmin. I prop myself up on an elbow, turn to look down at her sleeping. IShe looks so beautiful with her sleep tossed hair and peaceful smile on her face. Last night was great, I've never had such a connection with a woman. Then it hits me!

"What am I doing? I just met this woman, I don't know much about her. Maybe she's a gold-digger like my ex- girlfriend- Abriana." Mood turns sour and all the happiness I had just moments before is gone. I look once more down at Jasmin and then I get off the bed as quietly as I can. I gather my clothes, put them on and hurry out the room. Downstairs I call for my car and drive away as soon as I can. Checking my phone I realize I have missed calls from Piero, my mother and from Abriana. I sigh and begin to think about my night with Jasmin. "Could this one night grow into something more?"

Getting back to my apartment, I take a cold shower and decide to work from home today, not ready to face people or questions. After two hours though, I gave up. My mind barely on work and more on the caramel skinned beauty I left behind in the hotel. A part of me wanted to head back and spend more time with her, preferably between her thighs but another part echoed uncertainty and caution, whispering in my head that women cannot be trusted. "Was she 'playing' me for a fool."

I gave up all pretense of work and decided to head to the gym. I needed to work out my frustrations.

Jasmin's outfit for her last day in Rome!

Lorenzo seems to be conflicted. Can you blame him after being cheated on by his ex-girlfriend?

Don't forget to comment and vote!