Chapter 40

I descend the stairs with Peter keeping up with me stride for stride, as soon as our feet touch the tarmac Billy and Joel jump into action. They immediately start to make a path for us through the swarm of razzi's. "You ready" I ask Peter, as an answer he puts his arm protectively around me and starts walking.

We walk into the path and get hit by two million questions. "Camilla, how did you survive the whirlpool", "Camilla, who's the new hottie you have next to you", "Camilla, what's your opinion on the color chartreuse?" We ignore most of the questions, but some of them make Peter chuckle. We stop in front of a limo, which confuses me because we don't own a limo, I haven't been in a limo since my cousin's wedding three years ago.

Billy opens the door and I slide in to three screaming girls, before they crush me in hugs and tears. Now I understand the limo. Robin, with her raven hair, brown eyes, and sweet looking face you'd think she was the most innocent of us when actually she's the one who gets us into the most trouble. Luna, a Filipino beauty who happens to be the one who tries to talk sense into us but ultimately fails and joins us in the end. Jasmine, a blond haired, green eyed skinny girl from the south who walks around breaking boys hearts. These three have been my friends since I can remember, they've been there for me through thick and thin and I couldn't love them any more than I do now.

Robin punches my arm "how dare you scare us like that! You could have called and told us you were not dead, you know!" I rub a hand over where she punched me "I'm sorry, my phone got lost in the whirlpool, and I don't have your numbers memorized" I lie on the spot. "Well that's a lame excuse, but I'm just so happy you're alright" cries Jasmine in her southern accent, "yea me too. Where have you been all this time" Luna asks. "In Britain" I answer and Luna nods before zeroing in on Peter who still has his arm around me "who's this" she ask.

"Girls, this is Peter, my boyfriend. Peter these are my best friends; Luna, Jasmine, and Robin" I say. Robin moves next to Peter and grabs his chin, examining his face, I smack my forehead and shake my head. Robin doesn't understand the meaning of personal space. "Robin, do we have to have another talk about boundaries" Luna asks, Robin lets go of Peter's face "no, I just wanted to look at his face" she explains. "And you can do that perfectly fine from over here" says Jasmine patting the spot next to her.

Robin huffs "you have a really nice face, you don't need any type of plastic surgery; for now" she says to Peter before going to sit next to Jasmine. Peter looks at me confused before I explain "she wants to be a plastic surgeon", "for rich people" Robin adds. "Oh, well thank you for giving me a free examination" Peter says, and I can literally see the girls eyes light up "cute and an accent? Camilla, I want one" says Jasmine, "well this ones mine get your own" I say leaning into Peter causing him to chuckle. "You wouldn't happen to have a brother or a cousin" asks Luna.

At that exact moment the door opens and Felix slides in next to Peter. Luna and Jasmine's eyes check him out shamelessly before their eyes connect. "Nuh-uh, Luna you got the last one" Jasmine says, "what do you mean? No, I didn't. That was Robin, she practically threw herself at him" Luna retaliates. "And I still got him" says Robin flashing the sapphire on the middle finger of her right hand that Tyler gave her.

I begin to pat my pockets for a coin, just to realize I have no pockets because I'm wearing a dress. I make a fist and make a coin appear in it before opening my fist. "I thought you said no magic in public" Peter mumbles to me, "this is an emergency" I explain. Peter raises an eyebrow at me as a response "leave me alone", I say pushing him away, "you guys I have a coin" I say to the bickering girls

"Heads" Luna says automatically. I flick the coin in the air and let it fall to the limo floor. I lean over and say "tails", Jasmine smiles triumphantly at Luna before turning to Felix. "Hi, I'm Jasmine" she says extending a hand, Felix takes it "Felix" he says and Jasmine smiles brightly at hearing his southern accent. "So, how did you two meet" Robin asks Peter and I "I was walking home one day and I saw her. She looked cold and lost, so I brought her home and took care of her. I haven't been able to part from her ever since" Peter answers as he intertwines our fingers.