Going to the Zoo

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP COUSIN WAKE UP! GET YOUR ASS MOVING, WE ARE GOING TO THE ZOO! QUICKLY MAKE BREAKFAST FOR US!"

Dudley Dursley, your cousin forced open the door of the cupboard under the stairs of Number Four, Privet Drive, where you stay and sleep everyday.

CHOICES:
1. Get up and make breakfast - continue reading Section 1A
2. Ignore and continue sleeping - skip to Section 1B

SECTION 1A
You put on your round black spectacles and climbed out of the cupboard and went into the kitchen. Your aunt, Petunia Dursley and your uncle, Vernon Dursley are all fully dressed, aunt Petunia with a nice floral dress and uncle Vernon with a black suit. He was as fat as ever - neckless and like a ball. You went to the workspace and grabbed some bacon and started cooking it up for the Dursleys.

Dudley went in at that moment. The kitchen exposed with the sounds of love.

"Oh my dear Dudders, happy birthday! Look at all the presents you've got!" Aunt Petunia said.

"How many are there this year?" Dudley's face was a bit distorted.

"34. Counted by myself just now." Uncle Vernon replied.

"34? THERE WERE 36 LAST YEAR!" Dudley cried appallingly.

"Oh dear oh dear my Dudders, we will buy you another two later at the zoo alright? Two more," aunt Petunia looked at Dudley lovingly.

You thought of your own birthdays each year, with no one even remembering them and you felt a surge of sadness and anger. You accidentally burnt a bacon strip.

Soon after the Dursleys had their bacon, and you, your orange, the four of you went out of the front door and to the front of Uncle Vernon's car.

"I'm warning you, boy, anything funny, anything at all, you will not have meals for one whole week!" Uncle Vernon grimaced at you, before letting you into the car, for the first time in your life.

You were at the zoo. Dudley was looking at a snake and was hitting the glass, trying to get the snake moving.

CHOICES:
1. "It is sleeping!" - skip to Section 1A1
2. Ignore - skip to Section 1A2

SECTION 1B
You ignored Dudley's calling and slammed the door shut on his face and locked the door, then continued sleeping.

"MUM! DAD! HARRY'S IGNORING ME AND HE WAS RUDE TO ME!" You heard Dudley screaming outside the door.

Uncle Vernon's heavy footsteps could be heard outside and more sooner than not, the safety barrier between you and the outside of the cupboard - the door was forced open again, this time by Uncle Vernon. At the sight of you, he scowled and forced you out of the comfort of your bed and ushered you into the kitchen. Dudley and Aunt Petunia were glaring at you, as if saying "who the f*** are you to disobey me / my dear Dudders"

"Now, boy, start cooking our breakfast!" Uncle Vernon demanded.

You cooked their breakfast and heard that they would be going to the zoo to celebrate Dudley's 11th birthday, without you, as usual. You stayed in the house and as usual, sneaked our some food to eat and secretly used Dudley's lap top and watched some TV.

SECTION 1A1
"It's sleeping" you snapped when hitting Dudley's hand off the glass pane separating the snake from you.

"Don't mind him, he's always like that. It sucks to be stuck here everyday, doesn't it?" You said, more like to yourself.

Surprisingly, the snake woke up and moved towards you.

"Can... can you hear me?"

You couldn't have seen a more bizarre scene. The basilisk was... nodding at you!

"Where are you from? Was it good back at your home?" You asked, fascinated.

The snake pointed its head to a sign beside itself, and the sign read, "BRED IN CAPTIVITY".

"Oh sorry. I know how it feels like," you felt so relatable to the snake all of a sudden, thinking about your everyday life at the Dursleys.

"MUM! DAD! COME LOOK AT THIS!" At this time, Dudley appeared out of nowhere, pushing you away and down to the ground while hitting the glass pane once again, trying to get the snake moving.

However, instead of responding to Dudley in a friendly way, the snake shrunk back and all of a sudden, the glass pane separating the snake and the visitors disappeared into thin air and Dudley fell right into the pond inside the basilisk's little place. The basilisk slithered out, stared at you for a short moment and said, "Thanks,"

"Not at all," you muttered, still fascinated.

Uncle Vernon caught you smiling, and then he dragged you by the neck and back up to the car with Dudley wrapped in Uncle Vernon's oversized coat.

SECTION 1A2
"Look at it, it's like you! Clumsy, suckerish," Dudley laughed out loud.

It was yet another boring day with the Dursleys, and you returned to Number Four shortly after their fun visit to the zoo.