3) Knocking on the Mind

Today is the day that the scores are announced. I found my name and saw the score that I received was a 90. I was randomly paired with someone in my class and he just wrote a song the next day. It wasn't anything like my best friend Sydney wrote. Being away from her for so long and not singing her music ever since my parents fired her, made me think of what I was saying while singing the song.

(Just a little A/N, if Mya sings something that isn't written my Nanami, I'm not going to post it. Sorry, but if you're curious as to what type of song she sang, it was a song about a breakup and being separated from the person that she fell in love with.)

"We did it! We both passed!" I heard Tomo yell. I looked to where I heard her voice and saw her and Nanami hugging.

"That's great!" And then they started laughing.

"Nanami!" I then heard Otoya.

"Ittoki-kun!"

And that was all that I paid attention to. After all that, I walked out of the room and roamed the halls. Not really caring. But while roaming the halls, I heard what sounded like talking. My curiosity got the best of me and I followed where the voices were coming from. When I went around a corner where the voices were coming from, I saw Hyuga-sensei and a boy from my class. I think his name was Tokiya Ichinose.

"I disagree with your low assessment. I know I sang perfectly. Everything that was on the sheet."

"Oh, that's right, you did. But, you lacked the most important thing. That thing called 'heart'. When it comes to heart, even your hated brother Hayato's new song is better. At this rate, you'll lose your place in S class. Sorry. I don't believe in lying."

I was shocked.

'If he doesn't sing with heart, he'll be taken out of the S class. Maybe I could help him.'

"How long are you going to stand there and eavesdrop?" I heard Tokiya say.

I walked out from behind the corner and said, "I didn't mean to. I swear I only heard the last of it. I'm not the type of girl to eavesdrop on someone else's conversation, and I'm really sorry." 'Why am I saying all this?'

He just gave me a look of disbelief.

"If you want, I could try to help you sing with heart."

"You just want to do it to get to my brother."

"If I'm at all honest, I don't even know who your brother is. Just a random question, but do you know who I am? I mean we're in the same class so you probably do."

"The girl from America. Mya Maine, correct?"

"Yeah," I said as I smiled. "And I've been in your position before. Only without the twin brother situation, being the fact that I'm the oldest one between me and my sister. But I have been in a situation where I was supposed to sing a song where the emotions came from my heart. But when I sang it, it was just words coming out of my mouth with little to almost no sound or meaning. So that's why I'm saying if you need help, I could help you." I said as I walked away to go to class.

"I may need it." I thought I heard Tokiya say, but I was too far away to really make out what he said.

~Time Skip~

The next day, I got a call from a manager asking me to model in a few dresses and outfits. I agreed to do it and they told me to get to the studio as soon as possible. I quickly got dressed and with it being a day where everyone will be in class, I decided to go to Shining-san's office and tell him about the job that I just received.