•Part 21•

As much as Mitchell and I hated it, it was the weekend of his football camp meaning he had to go away for a long weekend.

"What if something happens," he whined.

"It's better to go now so you can be back in time for our arrival," I placed his hand onto my stomach.

"You're not due till next month, we've got plenty of time," he bent down and spoke to my bump.

"Have fun," I pulled him up and kissed his head.

"It's that time already," he moaned, looking over to see the school coach pull up outside the house.

"We'll miss you," I kissed him again before stepping back.

"We've got you," Annie and Zack stood either side of me.

"He'll be back before you know it," Annie opened the front door.

"Sandwich anyone?" Zack lifted up the plastic bag in his hand.

"Count me in!" Annie snatched the bag out of his hand.

"Mean," he pouted.

"Sorry pretty boy," she stroked his cheek and pecked him on the lips.

"Wait, What?" I paid my attention to the pair who were joint by the lips.

"Yeah I guess this kinda happened," Annie shrugged her shoulders and then grabbed Zack's hand.

"What about Robbie?" I frowned.

"He goes out with some new chick called Brittany," Zack informed me.

"So you two are a thing?" I raised my eyebrows. "Thanks for telling me."

"Wait, Do you?" Zack's eyes shot open as he looked at me.

"Oh no, I'm with Mitchell. I just would've appreciated it if my best friend told me she was dating someone," I nudged Annie.

"We're not dating. We're shagging," Annie attempted to whisper into my ear but she wasn't too good at it.

"You're still my girlfriend though," Zack looked offended.

"Of course I am pretty boy," she rested her head upon his shoulder.

"Sandwich?" Zack handed me the bag which he somewhat managed to take from Annie without her noticing.

"Hey!" Annie moaned.

"I'd love one!" I pulled a teasing face to Annie and scoffed a ham and cheese sandwich.

"If you weren't carrying my nephew I'd have you on that floor right now," she mumbled.

"And if Liz wasn't here I'd have you on the floor right now," Zack winked at Annie.

"TMI!" I covered my ears with my hands so I couldn't hear their dirty talk. "Are you done?"

"Yeah, we'll be in your room if you need us," Annie teased me back.

"Actually that's where I'm heading," I smiled sarcastically. "I need a rest."

"Fine with us," Zack put his hands on Annie's waist and they reversed back and onto the sofa.

"There's a spare bedroom to your right guys!" I shouted, not wanting to later sit on a sofa which they'd been lovemaking on.

"Much better!" I looked back to see Annie pulling Zack towards the door by the belt around his waist.

****

"Annie!" I screamed my best friend's name.

"What's wrong?" Zack rushed in and stood by my side.

"Annie!" I screamed again.

"She's had to go to her parents house," he announced.

"I think it's coming!" I clung onto his hand.

"What is?" He frowned at me.

"The baby!" I screeched.

"It can't be, you're not due until late next month," he panicked.

"Are you saying I'm lying?" I grew angry, mainly because I was in pain.

"No, of course not," he mumbled, unsure what to say.

"I'm sorry," I spoke through deep breaths. "Just take me to hospital."

With Zack's help I managed to get down the stairs and into his car.

"I need a wheelchair," I groaned at Zack as we pulled up outside the maternity unit.

"We need help!" He shouted at two doctors who looked as if they were on break.

"Sweetheart, just stay calm okay," one of the doctors held me hand as the other held the wheelchair in position.

"She's not due until next month," Zack updated the doctor who took over once we'd gotten inside.

"Climb onto the bed for us," the specialist entered the room and stood beside me.

"This may cause you some discomfort," she warned me and then pressed on my stomach in several places.

"It hurts," I cried and looked up at Zack.

"I know babe," he held onto my hand.

"It looks like it," The specialist whispered to one of the doctors.

"What's going on!" I shouted at them, impatient.

"There have been some complications," she gave me a sympathetic look.

"No!" I screeched and burst out in tears.

"Elizabeth please try and stay calm," the nurse tried to calm me down.

"My poor little boy." I hugged my bump, ignoring everyone around me.

****
_
X