Fourteen.

Wednesday afternoon, and we’re at Calum’s house as always, watching the cheesiest, B-side horror film we could find. Kaylee hadn’t stopped picking at her nails since she got here, and I could tell by the content look on Ashton’s face, she hadn’t told him about her decision to keep the baby. I was with her when she told Steph and Ella, who took it pretty well and most likely told Cal and Mikey, and when Kaylee asked Ash to speak to him on the patio, we all shared glances, knowing fairly well what was about to go on. Once they disappeared, Ella and Steph stood up.

“We’re getting out of here before shit goes down, Romy? Need a ride?” Shaking my head, I glanced at Luke, who offered me a small smile. He was sitting on a separate couch than I, almost across the room; which had made it easy for us to steal glances all night.

“I should stay.” I told them. “In case she’s too upset.” They understood, seeing through my lie to want to go home with Luke.

“Well, walk us out!” Steph jokingly spat at Cal and Mikey, who defenselessly sighed and followed their girlfriends out of the house. Luke immediately stood, sitting next to me on the small couch.

“Hey.” He gave me a cheesy grin.

“Hi stranger.” I giggled as he messily pecked my lips, lacing his fingers with mine. “I want to tell them.” I whispered. “So bad… But… We can’t.” Luke’s smile faded.

“Why not?”

“Because then, they’d win.” I teased him.

“Oh, we can’t have that.” He laughed.

“No! We can’t conform!” Luke pulled me onto his lap so I straddled him and kissed the tip of my nose. “Then all our hard work would be ruined.” His head buried into my neck. I couldn't help but run my fingers in his hair.

"Lukey?" I asked quietly.

"Romy?" He mocked, tearing his face from the crook of my neck to look up at me.

"Nevermind." I backed out, fearing his answer. Luke shook his head.

"Tell me." He urged, subconsciously glancing around the room.

"Have you ever thought about having sex with me?" I blurted out, earning a quirked eyebrow. Like sighed, rubbing his eye tiredly.

"Where is this coming from?" He asked, placing his hand on my waist.

"I'm just curious." I muttered, playing with the collar of Luke's shirt.

"Yeah." Luke laughed dryly. "I have, but within good time, yeah?" I nodded slowly, still frowning as I began to climb off him. Luke grabbed my hips, preventing me from leaving and pulling me back down on his lap. "Hey." He rasped. "What's wrong?"

"I just... I don't want you to leave me." He furred his eyebrows together.

"Why would I do that?" I shrugged.  

"Because... You're a boy. You have needs. And I can't fill your needs because I'm used up and scared and broken and I don't want you to leave me because I don't know when I'll be ready and you're not going to want to wait." Luke held my face, staring at me intently.

"Rom, you're not used. You were hurt and molested and raped, you had nothing to do with that. I don't care if I have to wait. I want to be your first proper shag, even if it takes years. I'm not going anywhere, okay? If you're not ready, then you're not ready. If you are, then you are." His hand traveled to my mouth, his thumb canvassing my bottom lip. "I'd wait forever if it means you're comfortable with yourself, me, your body, and having sex, then I'd be glad to wait." I peeled Luke's hands off my waist, sitting next to him and folding our hands together.