For a summer night, the air outside was colder than usual. I lay down the bin bags besides the skip and felt the chill of fresh air tangling through my shirt.

The shoes comforting my feet were grey cotton slippers, bought for me by my best friend James for Christmas. The bottoms of them scuffed as I wearily made my way back to the hotel lobby.

"You've just completed your first night shift Rob, how do you feel?" James patted my back as I yawned shaking my head.

"Its 5am... I'm going to bed..." I laughed trying to hold back further yawns.

Working at James' dad's hotel was how I was spending my summer holidays. Having a hotel in this part of England means it was rarely busy, especially since it's such a small lodge like this. But I couldn't complain, the money wasn't bad and I could live there free of charge since I was away from home.

"Go clock out, then get some rest." James gestured towards the back room, that I proceedes to stumble towards.

Mumbling came from the reception as I scanned my card. I followed the noise, wondering if James was talking to me.

"Miss Dormer! Yes of course, Room 218, my colleague here will escort you and your bags." He gestured towards me raising his eyebrows and handed her the keys.

What a surprise...

Once in the lift I smirked and looked towards her. "So.." I chuckled brushing a hand through my hair. "Coincidence you being here Nat, I'd like to catch up again another time"

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about?" Nat bit her lip and raised an eyebrow as we exited the lift on floor 2.

"Touché Dormer, this how we're going to play?" I winked at her as we arrived at her room, me pulling her bags alongside myself.

"Robin, I don't understand what you mean" She winked back at me as I took her bags through the open door.

I nodded rolling my eyes as she softly thanked me for helping escort her.

"I didn't know you were coming, how long you staying?"

"I didn't know you worked here," she smiled. "I just wanted some time away from home to explore and relax. At least a week or two." She shrugged.

Pressing my back against the wall I sighed smiling, looking down the empty corridor.

"I would invite you in Robin, but it seems you're quite tired? Maybe after you've had a good rest we could get a coffee?" She insisted, slipping a piece of paper into my jacket pocket.

"Well funny you say, I was just about to ask if I could buy you breakfast... or maybe lunch tomorrow?" It reoccurred to me that it was currently 5am, lunch was the better option.

"Sure, I'll be down in the brasserie tomorrow at 1pm, get some sleep lovely." She rubbed her hand against my upper arm and closed the door smiling.

Smirking I dragged myself back down the stairs and towards my room.

~Last year~

Natalie and I met for the first time at a photoshoot almost a year ago. As part of my university photography degree we were given the opportunity to photograph some celebrity volunteers. Natalie was one amongst three, the others being Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth.

Each of the three chose a partner from the class to work with. Natalie ended up with me, although I wasn't aware whether that was her choice or she had last pick. I remember her smirking as each photo was taken, her hair hanging just below her shoulders as she tucked a few strands behind her ear.

"What's your name lovely?"

My eyes trailed away from the camera to the beautiful woman sat infront of me. Her gaze was fixed on me accompanying a lop sided smile.

"Rob, full name's Robin but I've never really liked it." I chuckled as I continued to photograph her.

"I like Robin a lot, but then again it's not my name so not my place to say." She shrugged taking a deep breath. "I'm Natalie," She held her hand out for me to shake. I did so, whilst noticing how soft and small her hand felt when in mine.

"Tell me about you Robin. Your dreams, family, friends, partner?" She shuffled in her chair to find a comfier spot.

Frozen still, I took in what was happening and for the first time in my life didn't hate being called Robin.

"Well there's not much to tell, I-"

"And that's it guys time is up! Thank you all so much for having our wonderful guests here, we look forward to seeing the final pieces!" The agent stood up, gazing at his watch and smiling whilst gesturing for the celebs to leave.

Natalie and I looked at eachother as I sighed forcing a small laugh. "There we go, it was a pleasure Natalie."

She smiled as she moved towards me. "Robin love, you can call me Nat." She rubbed the top of my arm reassuringly as everyone said their goodbyes and shook hands.

As she began to walk away, it almost seemed like she was dissapointed and sad to be going. She turned around abruptly, making my eyes divert away to not make my staring obvious. "I've not long been in this area of the country, maybe you know somewhere I could get some nice food? And if you're free, some company maybe?" She smirked looking at her shoes.

"I'd love to Nat. Here's my number, I'll meet you after university finishes."

"Lovely, see you then sweet." Gently applying her soft lips to my cheek, she tucked another strand of hair behind her ear before turning and following the others out of the building.
~