Dream

You scream in Tae's face. 

You then punch Tae's face. 

It's a bad reflex action you have when you're too overwhelmed and one day you'll have to try and fix it. But, as soon as your fist connects with his jaw in probably what would be the best right hook you've ever performed... you black out. 

Immediately, you feel calm and relaxed as if the previous five minutes hadn't just happened. Then a strange feeling seeps through your body. A sudden feeling of cold emptiness, like you're missing something that should be there.

Your eyes open to harsh white lights and instead of a comfortable bed you're in a lot of pain and on a very uncomfortable surface. You wince and sit up to find that you're in a hospital room.

"You're awake." A voice comes from your right and you whip your head round to see Jimin in a hospital bed next to you.

He looks weak but tears prick at your eyes to see him awake and alive. You rip the heart monitor off your finger and throw yourself onto his bed to hug him. He wraps his arms around you and returns it with double the strength.

"I'm so sorry." You cry into his shoulder and he shushes you.

"It's ok Y/N. None of us really remember what happened. It was all sort of a blur." He says and you pull away slightly.

"Do you remember anything?" You ask.

He thinks for a moment. "I remember a lot of pain, that's about it." 

You nod and look around the room.

"Where are the others?" 

"They have their own room. We voted to have someone stay with you since you couldn't be with us."

"And Tae?"

Jimin gives you a reassuring smile. "He's... fine."

"Was Eunjae here?" You ask, suddenly remembering your best friend.

"Yeah, she's with the police right now. Explaining everything."

Just as Jimin finishes his sentences the door opens and a man wearing a doctor's outfit walks in. As soon as he sees you he sighs.

"Ms Kang please return to your bed, it's good that you're awake but neither you or your boyfriend should be up and about just yet." He says and you and Jimin share an incredulous look.

"Wha- He's not my boyfriend." You say hurriedly.

"No he's in the other room." Jimin adds and you turn bright red.

"I see..." The doctor writes something on his clipboard and then gestures for you to get back in your bed, which you do. "How are you feeling?" He asks you.

"Confused and in a little bit of pain if I'm honest." You say truthfully.

"Confused how?"

"Well mostly confused as to why I'm in here and also because I swear I was somewhere else entirely just a minute ago."

"You were brought here along with seven men by the ambulance team after being called to a site which had faced conflict. The call was made by a Miss Choi Eunjae who is currently giving the police a witness statement. The police have also requested to get a statement from you when you are well enough." 

You nod, fully up to date.

"And the whole not being here a minute ago?"

"Probably a dream." Jimin says. "You were, talking in your sleep and... giggling." He chuckles.