➃ i dont wanna fight like that

[𝐘/𝐍] 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I rambled down the hallway while texting Veronica to meet me in our usual spot.

[y/n]
"V get ur ass over to the back. Bring the good shit"

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. I just wanna get high right now.

Icky Vicky 🤪 ✨
"Yea babe be there in a second. See u then xo"

I pushed open the door beside the janitor's closet that lead out to the right wing of the school.

There was no classrooms on this side of the school except the band room and band storage.

It was always my hideout from the businesses of school and my ex boyfriend.
Over time it's also become me and V's
"high time" spot.

I sat myself down onto one of the milk cartons Jerry (the daytime janitor) puts out for us at the start of every year.
They're not exactly the most comfortable bitches out there, but they get the job done well.

As I leaned backward twiddling my thumbs anxiously awaiting my drug lady,
A small bird had flown down onto the pavement in front of me.

Tweet tweet lil birdie, sing me a song.

Just then the door swung open scaring the bird away.

"Sup bitch! Your text sounded urgent!"
Veronica said as she handed me a bag of weed marked "granddaddy purple".

I wonder where she's getting such good shit. Probably that Tracy guy. If he's as good as he sounds and his weed is even better I might just have to keep him around...

"So V, hows that new guy of yours?"

"Oh he's pretty good, last week at a party last Friday we..."

I nodded and smiled turning around to grab my grinder and new amethyst pipe.

"It was soooo crazy, I couldn't believe I was there to witness it all..."

At this point I tuned her out and just inhaled the smoke and closed my eyes. Nodding every few seconds to make it seem like I was listening.

I turned my head towards the school and peered into the hallways to see Emma standing there. I thought she was alone at first but then I saw that she was arguing with someone.

She was too faraway to see what she was saying and whoever she was talking to was standing behind the side of the lockers.

Emma grabbed onto their shirt as they tore away and walked down the hall.

In her hand a long sheet of paper that had been crumpled up and unfolded.

I didn't really think much about this and continued pretending to listening to V talk about how great the sex was.

"V, can I talk for a second?"
I said

"Yea of course! What is it babe?"

"I saw this cute guy earlier today in gym class but I have no idea who he was."

"Shit babe, don't worry. You'll see LOTS of cute guys tonight at the party! Don't even think about that guy, whoever he is!"

I sighed thinking about the ridiculously gorgeous guy I saw today.

"Okay V, whatever you say...
I've gotta get to class. Thanks for being my drug lady!"

"As always! I'll catch you later. Pick you up at 8!"

We'd skipped lunch so my next class was Family studies. This year I was doing the learn how to raise a baby with a fake baby thing. I have mixed feelings about this as I want to become a mom but I don't know if I ever will.

Mr. Springer had just started class when I came into the room

"Ah, Ms. [y/n], please take a seat."
He said with a friendly smile.

Mr. Springer was one of the few teachers that were glad to have me in their classroom.

I chucked my bag next to the empty table by the window. I sat down and crossed my ankles over one another.

Across the room sat Emma and Stacy Candice. Stacy was class president from 7th grade all the way up to now. She's pretty nice just quite boring.

Emma checked over her shoulder to make sure Stacy wasn't looking as she pulled out the same piece of crumpled paper I had seen her hold earlier.

She read it over and clenched it her hands tightly. She sharply inhaled after a second of looking at the paper and slowly exhaled releasing her grip.

Class was dismissed and we all got up to head to our last period.

Emma gathered her things up unusually slow and scanned the classroom, I avoided eye contact when she looked my way.

I headed out and slowed my speed down when I saw Emma ahead of me now.

She stopped dead her tracks as she stared with an eerie sad look to her face.
She clenched the letter in hands to the point where her knuckles turned white.

Down the hall about 20 feet stood him.
The handsome stranger.

Did he write her that letter?