Chapter 6: Subconscious

Tyki's POV

After waiting several hours, Tyki, Road, and Wisely crept up to the boy's door. No one wanted to risk being the one to wake up an angry Allen, so Tyki was left to sneak in and see if the boy was asleep. After all, it wouldn't be entirely abnormal of him to sneak into the boy's room in the middle of the night, so he wouldn't suspect a thing, other than Tyki being a pervert. As he tip-toed into the dark room and to the bed, he watched the boy sleep and sighed in relief. He hadn't woken up. Wisely and Road peeked into the room and, after receiving a nod from Tyki, they tip-toed over to him, as well. Entirely silently, Wisely motioned for them to sit on the floor and Tyki and Road silently obeyed. Wisely's demon-eye glowed and, as they stared at it, they were thrown into a pure-white room.

The only other person in the room besides them was Allen and there were no objects, in it. It was as though they were floating in white space. Allen was dressed entirely in white, with his innocence evoked and his sword out, being held by his right hand. The boy's pupils were white but visible, as though they were reflecting the room around them perfectly, and the scar on his face looked beautiful in contrast with the rest of him and the room. Some may have found it to be ugly or disgusting but Tyki... he found it to be beautiful, making the boy look like a work of art.

"Ask what you want", Wisely's voice rained down, from nowhere. "That's Allen's subconscious."

"So, boy", Tyki began. Allen continued to stare silently, only blinking to let them know that he was listening. Tyki wasn't even sure how to phrase his question, so he looked to Road, for guidance.

"Who do you love, Allen~", she giggled.

Slowly, the boy lifted his sword toward Tyki and said, in a monotone voice, "Tyki Mikk."

"Oh?" Tyki carefully and gently put his finger on the side of the sword, pushing it down and away from his face. "Then why do you always reject me?"

Suddenly, they were on a grassy piece of a land, next to a tree and two boys. "It would be easier to show you, rather than explain it to you", Allen's voice rained down, from above.

Leaning up against the tree was a ginger-haired boy who was probably about 10 and a white-haired boy about the same age, sprawled across him as though he were asleep. The wind lightly brushed against their hair, causing it to ruffle but nothing more. "You don't have to worry about me dying, like Mana", the ginger-haired boy soothed, petting the white hair. "We've still got plenty of time left. Besides, what kind of a doctor would I be if I couldn't even keep myself alive? Right?"

Allen chuckled, "Yeah, you're right." They laid like that for several moments before Allen finally broke the silence, asking "Narain?"

"Hm?"

"You know... I really do... love you..." He buried his face in Narain's arm, hiding his expression from whoever might have been watching. Like Tyki. And Road. And Wisely.

"I love you too, Allen~."

And just like that, the scene changed and Narain was standing before Allen, beside a large body of water. Allen brought him something for his deceased sister but, then, realised that he was an akuma. As he dropped the plate of candles and flowers onto the ground, again, the scene changed.

This time, they were in a dark room. A table sat in the corner of it with a lotus inside of a glass case and the moon lit up the room just enough for Tyki, Road, and Wisely to see the two on top of the bed, in the opposite corner. Just like Narain and Allen had been, two scenes ago, Mr. Kitchen Knife was leaning against the wall and Allen was sprawled across him. The boy reached underneath him and unbuttoned his shirt just enough to reveal the tattoo which sat on the older man's shoulder. "It's gotten bigger", Allen nearly whispered. "It's like a clock that's counting down until your death... How much longer..."

"I'm not going to die", Kanda snapped.

"So you say..."

Allen's voiced rained down once more. "Death hung over everyone who I became close to. First Mana, then Narain, and I figured it was only a matter of time before Kanda would die. I chose not to put my heart in our relationship, for fear that it would be broken, once more. I decided, after Narain's death, that only someone who is strong enough and smart enough to withstand the reaper would be mine. But..."

The scene changed to the moment Tyki and Allen had met and then into the time that Allen had his heart ripped out by Tyki. "But then", Allen's voiced spoke, from above. "I met you. You were strong and able to withstand my blows, and yet..."

Allen was on an infirmary bed with For sprawled across it, sleeping on a chair that sat next to him. The boy was curled up with his arm over his eyes, sobbing silently. "You were my enemy. It was then that I realized that only you could hold my heart despite you being my enemy. So, you would have to kill me."

The boy's fight with Tyki in the ark played out, then. "But I couldn't just give in - I had to fight. If I stop fighting, Mana will be angry with me. If I allow myself to die, Mana would have died in vein. So many people would have died in vein..."

Their fight with Tyki's noah played out. "When you won that fight, I was happy and sad at the same time. I was happy because you would live to fight me once more and, as long as you lived, there was still hope. But I was sad because I doubted that we would ever be together."

Allen stood before Tyki and inside of For's bubble, while Tyki stood floating in the air with his hand held out toward the exorcist. "And, when you invited me to join you guys, I was happy to finally receive that chance I had been looking for, but was angry that you all black mailed me like you did. I was angry that you hurt my friends... and I still am."

The scene changed for the last time, to the original one. They were surrounded by white space and Allen stood in front of them. "The reason I keep rejecting you isn't just because I'm angry with you, though. It's mostly because... I stabbed you that time and... if I could, then couldn't someone else? If I nearly killed you once, then you aren't as strong as I always thought you were..."

"Hah!" Tyki smirked and the boy looked up at him, seeming slightly surprised by the noah's reaction. "Do you honestly think you could have stabbed me if I hadn't let you?" The boy's eyes widened fully, this time. "Yeah, I let you do it. At that moment, I was ready to give up my noah so I could be with you and my human friends. I let you hurt me. Granted, it was a stupid decision on my part, but had you been anyone else with any other intention, I would have you dead within an instant. Why haven't I killed you yet? You should know this, boy. It's because I love you. I've always held back, with you."

Allen's eyes filled with tears and one streamed down his left cheek, lining his scar. "Tyki..."

"Just give in, already." He held out his hand to Allen and was pleased to see it being grabbed in response. Once their hands touched, everything went white. Again.