1. The Death of an Alpha

HELLO AGAIN! Now it's time for the next installment of this book!

In regard to publishing chapters, I have decided to publish every Saturday and Wednesday. However, if I don't publish Wednesday, be sure that I will Saturday. Unfortunately, life might not always agree with these days!

ENJOY!

***

Slapping the beer on the counter, Lucien swiftly took the money off the customer, grunting out an "enjoy" before moving onto the next. It was the same order a few more times coming from men in their mid-fifties, being at the bar for the entire afternoon watching the latest game that was happening.

A Thursday would be Lucien Telwood's day off, along with Tuesday and half of Wednesday. But with one of the bartenders calling in sick, Lucien was called in. Despite being as exhausted, Lucien tried to think in positive terms that he would be getting extra pay for this. And he could really use the extra money.

Currently residing in Texas,  Lucien was continuing his slow tour of America, picking up bartender jobs for a few weeks in various places to keep enough money in his pocket. He's already been through Flordia, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana in the last ten months, and in the next few weeks he was hoping to go onto either Arkansas or Oklahoma.

Before coming to America, Lucien had toured Europe for the past four years, previously going to Greece for a year and before that he was touring all of the United Kingdom and Ireland. 

He remembered when he first began his travels like it was yesterday though. It had been a month after his father's, Victor Telwood, death and his older brother Tristian Telwood became alpha. Lucien was hesitant to leave his home in the South of Wales, knowing his brother needed him during his first few years of reign over the Moon Haven Pack. 

However, apart from his family, there was nothing truly holding Lucien there.

His mother died a year after his birth. His father was now dead. He had no mate and he didn't want any title for the pack. 

If Lucien was being completely honest, he wanted to be selfish. As much of his young life was spent sick-ridden in bed, thinking (and hoping) he was going to die. He probably would've too, if it hadn't been for Miranda Sands.

Victor Telwood had various different witches come in and out of Lucien's life, hoping that one of them would be able to cure his young son from this unknown sickness that became his life. None of them were successful until Miranda came when he was just eight years old. He didn't know what she did, but a year later Lucien began to feel better and stronger, managing to have his first turn into his wolf form for his thirteenth birthday.

During the times he was recovering, he remembered Miranda's caring but stern nature. Mothering him but also teaching him. Not just ordinary studies, but about life. She would tell the young Lucien of her world travels, stories from different cultures and people. That was how Lucien's wanderlust began to develop.

So, after his father's death and his brother's blessing, Lucien went out to see the world that he dreamed about when he was unable to get out of bed.

It wasn't a glamorous life, having to jump from job to job through his travels to make sure he never ran out of money. But Lucien loved it, he loved the freedom of it. 

However, now that he was twenty-six, Lucien was beginning to miss home. Miss his brother and cousins who grew up beside him. He kept in touch with them, making sure they always knew where he was. But he was getting older, and he wanted to go home.