Chapter One

Chapter One

                                                   The beginning of it all

    I opened my eyes to find bright fluorescent lights wanting to set my eyes on fire. As my senses slowly come back to me I hear the beeping a machine, I feel a slight pain in my wrist, and I notice the people setting in the seats in the room. I looked to my right and see a girl, her hair was a pure white. I knew this chick, what her name? Kyrain? Kynis? Kyris? I think that was it. Kyris. She gently smiled at me and held my hand. She had been my best friend for all these years. Through all this shit. She’s always been there.

      “Kye, what happened?”

     Kyris laughed, Kye had been her nickname since they were kids. “You went into a coma for a few months bro. A lot has happened.”

     I coughed, some blood came up, and smiled at Kyris. “When will I get out of this hellhole?”

    “The doctors said that you should be getting out sometime this week.” Lylan spoke, she startled me. I hadn’t seen her there.

     “Wait... what month is it? What day is it?” I asked, a little frantictly

      “It’s October, October 22nd I believe. You’ve missed all of school.” Kyris replyed

      “Shit.” I sighed “Hey Kye,”

      “Yeah?”

    “Don’t suppose I could borrow your work from the past two months?”

    She replied with a laugh and a nod of her head.

    Life went back into the normal routine for me. Wake up at 6, get to school at 6:30, tutoring to catch up at 7:00, get to first period at 8:45, survive the day of school, go to work, go home, sleep, repeat. Before I go on, I was good kid. I got good grades, never did drugs or thought about doing them, I never tried to kill myself, I was doing pretty good at life. That was, until last year.

    Last year I began cutting, last year was the year I lost my 10 year old cat Scorpion. He had a long life for a cat with FIV. Poor thing go deadly sick so I had to put him down. I wasn’t too happy that day and sliced my arm with a razor blade. I told Kye about a few hours later and we started the butterfly game. I killed all the butterflies on my arms in less than two days. It was around that same time I meet Lylan. She did everything to cheer me up.

    It started simple, we went to concerts. She got me into my first mosh pit where I beat the shit out of some dude hitting on Lylan. That was the first sign of my anger. Plus, Lylan was already dating someone. I was just looking out for her.

    Soon that got boring though. So Lylan introduced playing horror games. Silent Hill, Obscure, Amnesia, ect. were the games she showed me. I still play some of them to this day. I love horror movies and games. They are so scary and fun.

    That held me for a while. But one night I had gotten a call, it was from Lylan. She sounded drunk off her ass. I found her and brought her back to my house. I got her some water and forced her to sleep on the couch in the living room. When I got back into living room there was a bag of, well, cocaine. She was snorting it. I should’ve told her to get out that moment but she looked like a huge peice of shit had just fallen out of the sky and crushed her. She looked so depressed I couldn’t make her go out on the streets like this. She saw me and suddenly stop. Her hands were trembling, she was crying, and all she does is look at me.

    “R-River.. I...” she started

    “No Lylan,” I walked over to her, putting the glass of water down on the coffee table and sat down next to her on the couch, I wrapped her around my arms and brought her close to me “It’s okay. Do you want to talk to me about what ever is on your mind?”

    Lylan buried her face into my shirt, I felt her tears slowly soaking through my shirt. After a few moments and pulled back, she had calmed down a little and could at least. “River, I’ve fucked up big time. My ex-”

    “Crow?”

    “Yeah, he got into this whole drug thing. And then he just left me. He took all the money too..” she stopped and looked into my eyes

    “Dear god, if I ever see that cuntbag again I will beat the shit out of him.”

    “River, why can’t other guys be as sweet as you?”

    I froze. No. No, no, no, no, no. I never wanted a relationship with Lylan. I just wanted to be her friend. “I...I don’t know Lylan.” At that, I got up and left the room to go to my bedroom. Shit. Lylan wanted me. But I never really dated anyone. Kye and I dated but we both decided that it we’d be better as friends.

    God damn, I should’ve just kicked Lylan out before all this happened. Because that night, we had sex.

    Something about today was different. It had been a few weeks since Lylan had stayed at my house. I’d been avoiding her as much as possible. I stuffed my books back into my locker, it was long after school had ended. Kyris had to stay after school also so we had decided to carpool. I slammed my locker shut, slung my overweight backpack onto my back and began walking to the front of the school. 5 minutes passed and Kyris came running up to me.

    “R...Riv” she panted

    “Hm?” I looked at her

    “Lylan... she’s gone.”

    I froze. I didn’t say a word.

    “No one has seen her for a week.”

    I know why.

    “Have you see her?”

    “No...” I felt stone cold. Damn bitch was making me feel worse. It was bad enough that I had started doing drugs. Now she goes and disappears. I honestly, had hoped she had died. But at that right moment a bright blue car with some rehab logo on it, pulled up and Lylan walked of it.

    Something was different about her. The bags under her eyes were gone, the redness in her eyes too. She looked a lot better than she did two weeks ago. She had a huge fucking smile on her face. She had gone to rehab and had left me here with no help. She walked up to me and opened her arms for a hug. I gave her a punch in the face.

 ---

Yay. Lets begin this. I HOPE YOU ALL THAT BEGGED ME TO UPLOAD THIS LIKE IT.