* Interlude - An Adventurer's Report

The sun is peeking over the horizon when the east gate city guards' glimpse seven adventurers riding swiftly towards them. All of the seven adventurers are heavily wounded with one of the injured calling out, "Please help! We need a healer!" As if in reply, two of the adventurer's slump against their horses and tumble unconscious to the ground.

The two guards call out for urgent assistance as nearby city guards appear with the requested healers. The Captain of Guards appears at the east gate request to hear the reason for the adventurer's sorry state. The least wounded adventurer begins to recount the terrifying fight that took place.

"Our fifty adventurer group members set off to capture an escaped half-elf slave. We successfully chased and trapped the blood elf at the bridge. We thought we could easily defeat him, but he used his blood abilities. Before we knew could weaken him enough to capture him half of our men were dead including our leader. And even then, rather than submitting to us he preferred to use a self-exploding technique, killing himself and eighteen of our group members instantly. We seven members are the only remaining survivors of our group," The adventurer wearily explained.

At the ending of the adventures account, the Captain of the Guards sent forth messengers to the merchant's association and to the former slave owner, before returning to his office to report. As the last of the adventures is carried away a burly city guard handing the toll both calls out, "Wait!"

The guards carrying the wounded adventurer halt as the burly city guard asks, "What of the child?"

The adventurer weakly answers, "The half-elf threw her into the river and the river carried her away." Weakly falling back onto the stretcher, the city guards carry the adventurer away to the healing quarters.

The burly gate city guard stares angrily at the ground and kicks the dirt. He gladly rotates shifts with the new guard at the new day's start. As he heads home, he prays that the child may yet live. And with his wife and his children happily greeting him at the door as the burly guard puts the even behind him and firmly closes the door behind him.

Upon receiving the message from the Captain of the City Guard, Madam Norialise faints in horror. Not only did the Madam lose two valuable commodities, but she must now pay compensation to the adventurer party for repercussions received. As for the rest of the city within a few days new gossip arose, and the commotion was largely forgotten by the inhabits of the city.