new roomie

I had just moved into a new house with about 5 dudes, and my friend devyn. The guys' names were;  Sam, Colby, Elton, Corey, and Aaron. I got along with Corey & Sam the most. Corey was like an older brother to me so we were always talking. Colby and I were really close at one point, but one day he just completely stopped talking to me unless it was necessary to him. 

Elton had planned on moving out to live on his own, but a dispute caused him to move out sooner than expected -- which meant that it was time to find a new roomie. They boys already had a new roomie in mind; someone they were all friends with, and that they enjoyed having around (not that they didn't enjoy Elton) - Jake Webber. I remembered meeting Jake when he came to California to shoot the "We love our friends" video, which was right around the time that Colby stopped talking to me. 

Jake and I are still mutuals on Instagram & every once in a while he will reply to my story, and vice versa. I'd say that we are friends. 

-- time skip --

Jake is due to move in today, but all the boys are out filming and devyn is with her family. So it was just me there when he arrived. 

I heard a knock on the door, assuming it was jake -- I ran to open it. 

"Hey! y/n!"

"Hi Jake!"

I was embraced with a warm and comforting hug. 

"Where is everyone?"

"Sam and Colby are exploring. Corey and Aaron are filming skits, and Devyn is with family. Which means that you're just stuck with me"

"I wouldn't necessarily say stuck" he chuckled. 

We starred at each other for what felt like forever but was at most 30 seconds, before he started to lean it. I went to lean in as well but pulled myself away.  

I can't kiss him, I like Colby, and he is about to be my roommate. He also has a girlfriend back in Kansas, everything about this is wrong. 

He stared at me for about a second before I immediately changed the subject from the tension. 

"s-so, what ya need help with?"

"uh-uh --" he said confused "that lamp and the boxes of clothes, please."

I grabbed the lamp and showed him to his new room.