Chapter 3: Heroes

Thank you for voting🙇🙇🙇🙇

Here, toss chapter ~

😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸

This is after Shen Wei pricked his finger and Zhao Yunlan 'offered' to take him to the hospital for tetanus shot.

Zhao Yunlan was adamant to get him the tetanus shot. No matter what he said, the man wouldn't budge. The man was alternating between looking angry and then worry. His finger wasn't even hurt, but how to explain it to the man? In the end, Shen Wei had to give in. He could never win against Zhao Yunlan after all.

So here they were, waiting for his name to be called. Zhao Yunlan was bouncing his feet impatiently, while ignoring Lin Yusen who was still trying to persuade the man to allow him to be apart of the investigation. Instead of going home as been told, the youth stubbornly followed them around, even to the hospital.

"Young man, enough is enough! You're giving me a headache with your nonsense! Didn't I told you to let us do our job to protect you? Go home!" barked Zhao Yunlan, finally had enough with Lin Yusen.

"But Chief Zhao, I told you I can help! I want to catch the bad guy too!" insisted Lin Yusen.

"That's our job, not yours! Stop putting yourself in danger!" Zhao Yunlan looked close to shooting the young man.

"But I can defend myself. Let me help!"

"Bad guys are not weak! Do you want to die that badly? Let me arrange that for you if you want it so much," said Zhao Yunlan in a chilling tone.

Even Lin Yusen wisely shut his mouth after that. Shen Wei felt bad for the poor man. He could clearly see in the young man's eyes why he's acting so reckless. Apart from wanting justice for the girl's he had a crush on, he seemed also had some sort of hero worship for Zhao Yunlan. Lin Yusen looked down after hearing Zhao Yunlan's words.

Ah, being young! How Shen Wei missed those feeling. After all, he was in Lin Yusen's shoes once. So he understood well the young man's feeling.

"Lin Yusen, I'm feeling thirsty. If it doesn't bother you, can you please buy me a drink?" asked Shen Wei.

"Ah, you want a drink? Let me get it for you!" offered Zhao Yunlan instantly.

"But I need to discuss something about the shot with you," Shen Wei countered back. "I'm sorry Lin Yusen, I hope it's not too much of a trouble for you."

"Of course not!" the young man replied enthusiastly.

After asking for the drink that the kind professor wish to drink, he quickly ran towards the nearest vending machines. Of course he didn't forget to ask whether Zhao Yunlan wanted one as well.

"What do you want to ask?" asked Zhao Yunlan.

Shen Wei smiled gently. "You shouldn't be too hard on him. I can see he's worshipping you. You're like a hero to him."

"Which is why I shouldn't encourage him either. Being a cop is not easy!" scoffed Zhao Yunlan. "I don't want him getting kill by getting into things he shouldn't have."

"True, I agree with you. However, you should've worded it nicely. Lin Yusen is one of the future of this city. One day he might contribute back and could be a big man. But right now, the young man is still looking for his path in life. And he look up to you. Let he sees clearly why he can't get involve with this case. Encourage him towards the right path. He might listen to you if you say it right."

Zhao Yunlan was quiet, listening to Shen Wei's advice. He suddenly turn towards Shen Wei, smiling lopsidedly.

"You sounded like you experienced it before," he said.

Shen Wei looked at his hands. "Well, I was like him once. The man that I look up to was a righteous hero. He saved me in so many ways. Thanks to my hero, I become who I am today. For that, I'm eternally grateful to him."

"Oh, who's your hero? Have I heard of him?" asked Zhao Yunlan curiously.

Shen Wei didn't answer. Instead he just looking at Zhao Yunlan, smiling gently. After a while, Zhao Yunlan felt a bit uncomfortable under the undeterred gentle smile. He just looked while smiling gently like he used to, why did it felt like conveying a huge deep emotion within? He felt relieved when Lin Yusen came back with their drinks, thus broke Shen Wei's gaze on him. Not long after that, Shen Wei's name was called.

Before closing the examination room's door, Shen Wei could see that Zhao Yunlan was talking to Lin Yusen. Not gently but less harsher than before. The young man's face was illuminated while listening. Shen Wei closed the door with a smile.