Chapter 19

The sun rays were peeping through the window disturbing the sleep of our newly wedded bride. She opens her eyes slowly. The first thing that comes in front of her is the face of her husband. She looked at their entwined hand and then his face.

Avni(in mind):
I know Neil, that you deserve all the happiness in this world. You deserve a happy marriage and a wife's love. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get over from my past and give you the love that you deserve. But I promise, I'll never let Rohan or his memories a part of OUR LIVES. He'll always stay that broken part of me but with time I'm sure I'll throw him off as well.

The mere thought of Rohan and his betrayal brought tears into Avni's eyes.

Avni(in mind): Why you did this to me? I loved you....and...you..b..be..betrayed me. I still forgive you. Because if I don't then you'll still remain a part of me. I want to erase all the memories with you. But what to do...the damage is done.

She wiped off her tears immediately and got up. She looked at Neil and smiled. She adjusted the curtains so that Neil's sleep does not get disturbed.
She opened up her suitcase and took out a red saree. She went into the washroom.

After a few minutes, Neil opened his eyes. He did not find Avni anywhere in the room. He starts panicking.

Neil: What if it was just a dream??
Before he could dwell upon his thoughts, he heard the clicking of the bathroom knob. He sighed relief.

Avni stepped out wearing a red saree. Neil was mesmerized by her beauty. Avni looked at him and smiled. She sat on the dressing table and looked at him through the mirror.

Avni: Good morning.

Neil: Good morning. How come you're up so early? Till where I remember, you don't wake up until 11 unless someone deliberately wakes you up.

Avni: So many questions Neil!
Her eyes widened.

Avni: Now onwards I'll wake up this early only.

Neil: Why?
Confused.

Avni: Cause now I'm the daughter-in-law of this house. I'll wake up early and prepare breakfast for everyone. Also, I'll serve my dear Tillu with his morning dose.
(She said everything in one go).

Neil pretended to clear the wax of his ears and then asked,

Neil: Did I just heard morning dose?
He said slyly with a smirk.

Avni: Neil!!!!! You are such a ..... Urgh!!! I meant coffee.

Neil started laughing hard holding his stomach. Tears were flowing down his cheeks.

Neil: I...know...paagal.
He said in between his laughter.

Avni: Neil stop laughing else I'll not talk to you.
She warned him.

Neil immediately stopped laughing and kept a finger on his lips making a cute child-like face.
Avni smiled.

Avni: Now go and get ready. I'm going down to prepare breakfast.
She turned back.

Avni: Neil! OK...

Neil noddded cutely like a child.

Avni: Stop being so cute Tillu.
She said smiling heartily.
She left the room. Neil scratched the back of his neck and smiled sheepily.

#######

In the kitchen....

Avni: Bheema, you leave. I'll make breakfast for everyone.

Bheema: Ji didi. Sorry, Bhabhi.

Avni: it's ok.

Bheema leaves. Avni starts thinking about what to make for breakfast.

Avni: I'll make aaloo parantha and uttapam in breakfast. I just hope I am able to make it properly.

She starts gathering all the utensils and ingredients. She started making food. In about 30 minutes, she was ready with the food.

Avni: Should I just taste a bit. No! Avni be positive. I am sure the food will be good. I don't want to embarrass myself in front of everyone. I know, they all love me and know me since I was born. But now I am their daughter-in-law and I want them to be proud of me.

Avni was very nervous. She was just continuously praying.
She heard footsteps and knew that everyone had arrived for breakfast.
She took the tray of food outside.

Everyone was already seated.

Bebe: Tillu, where is Avni?

Neil was about to answer when Avni entered with the tray of food. Everyone was surprised except Neil.

Bebe: Puttar, what were you doing in the kitchen.

Avni: I was making breakfast for everyone.
She said smiling nervously.

Shweta: See Bebe, my bahu is so caring and sweet.
She said proudly.

Bebe: I wish I could say the same.
She said sarcastically.

Everyone giggled. Shweta shot angry glares to Prakash. He stopped giggling and thought of changing the topic.

Prakash: Come on, the food is getting cold. Let's eat.

Bebe: Wait. Its Avni's first rasoi. Neil has the right to taste first.  Tillu start.

Neil looked at Avni and then at the food.

Neil (looking at Avni): Avni are you sure that its edible?

Avni: Neil!!!!

Neil: Ok fine.
Oh God, save me,, he murmured under his breath.

He took a morsel and ate it. He looked at Avni and then at everyone.

Avni: How's it??

Neil: Vo....

**************************

VOTE AND COMMENT...

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊