Chapter 7

I stood there staring at him. "What are you doing here Will..?" I asked quietly.

He seemed tired as he spoke. "I'm leaving today. Well I'm going after I leave here. I'll be gone for a couple of months if not longer and I needed to see you." He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a piece of paper. "I was wondering if you'd write to me while I was gone. I know I stopped talking to you and  ignored your messages and phone calls, but I didn't want to get attached to something I knew I'd have to leave."

I grabbed the piece of paper and looked at the mailing address on it. "I don't know." I said trying to give the piece of paper back. "Maybe writing isn't a good idea."

He shook his head and made his way to the truck and turned around to look at me. "Well I hope you have a good school year and stuff. I don't know for sure when I'll be back."

I smiled and walked inside and ran up the stairs to my room. From the window I watched him sit in his truck before leaving. He seemed different. I don't know how or what made him different, but there was something.

I went over to my desk and grabbed my notebook and began writing. I didn't know if this was for me or if it was going to be for him.

Dear Will,

I don't know what to say or if this is a good thing to even do. My dad warned me the first night we met. When you left he told me that being with you was a bad idea. He's a soldier himself and he knows the pain that it brings to not only him, but the people he interacts with as well. My dad didn't want to see his me get hurt. Especially after watching him be deployed more than once and the last time that he was my mom and I weren't there when he came home. Writing can do things to a persons heart. Just like talking or texting. By the time you come home from deployment you'll have forgotten I even existed. We have separate lives that don't seem to mix well. Please understand this.

~R

I set the pen down and stared at the page. Then grabbed an envelope and wrote the address down. In exactly a week I'd be starting school and the day I go back is the day I'll send the letter. I just hope none of this is a mistake.

Hey guys! I know this chapter is short but I'm trying so hard. Thank you to everyone that has voted and stuck with the story. <3 Comment and tell me what you think! Also, if you have any idea or opinions please let me know. I'm open for ideas and suggestions!