Prologue

It was his first few weeks of college.

Majoring in Hotel Management and Tourism.

He made some friends. Actually, a lot of them. Mainly because he was very outgoing and personable. Friendly. Easy to approach. But most of his new found college friends were more likely to be acquaintances to him rather than actual hangout friends.

Na Jaemin found no one he could find suitable to hang out with despite already entering into his second semester in just nearly over a month.

One day, Jaemin sighed as he sat alone in the campus cafeteria that was placed on the upper hill of the area. He let his eyes wandered and observed his surroundings as he tried to scan and recognized some faces in the crowd.

It was when he was about to take a quick bite of his chicken flossed mayonnaise filled bread that his eyes abruptly fell on a petite girl that had just walked into the cafeteria.

His eyes widened. As if he had seen an angel strut across the cafeteria as the wind (in his imagination) blew her hair and let them danced on her perfectly petite shoulders as she made her way towards one of the stalls.

Jaemin's fingers weakened as the bread he used to held suddenly plopped down on the table in front of him as his jaw hung beneath him.

She had shoulder-lengthed jet black hair, slightly messy. As if she couldn't care yet still remained attractive in such manner.

She wore a slightly oversized army green coat over a black pullover with dark blue unripped jeans and black boots to match the entire outfit.

Her delicate hands framed a few closed files and some loosened paperworks, most likely assignments, as her black leather backpack hung across one shoulder from behind her.

Jaemin had always trusted his instincts and this time it told him that she was definitely a senior. Probably a young lecturer as well....?

Her face didn't seemed all too friendly though — instead, it seemed like nothing (even a good Americano) won't be able to help with what had caused that facial expression to take over her entire mood this morning.

Jaemin tried to appear normal as he observed how his new found crush was seemingly heading his way, fumbling for the bread he had dropped on the table — basically on his new textbooks and manuscripts that he had just collected for the new semester.

He froze and tried to be invincible as she walked right passed him, fast enough to cause a small rift against his fluffy dark brown hair.

Collected himself, he managed to gain a bit of courage to slowly turned his head around and peer over his shoulders to take a quick peek at where she was sitting; the furthest end of the cafeteria with less people existing close by.

She seems approachable.....sarcastically, he thought.

Despite knowing nothing at all about the mysterious girl, Jaemin failed to convince himself not to, at least, give it a shot and try to approach her.

Besides, sometimes you can't really judge a book by its cover. Right?