A Day's End

"How do you guys walk in this?" Ash sighed, struggling to stand upright. She had wanted to see what it was like wearing armor like the paladins, so Hunk had allowed her to borrow his set. She stumbled back over to the group, the heavy plates making it hard for her to move around.

"Probably wasn't the best idea for Hunk to lend you his armor," Lance stated, scratching his neck. Hunk shrugged, and Ash slipped out of the over-sized suit.

"I know where we can get some," The robot said, taking Ash's wrist without warning and walking away with her. He dragged her down the hall, the other paladin's following curiously. He shoved her into a room and closed the door, waiting outside.

***

"Wow..." Ash breathed, gazing at herself in the mirror. She had gotten a custom-made suit, that looked strikingly liked the other paladin's. It was a dull purple, matching the colors of the Gulra headquarters.

   She opened the door hesitantly and stepped out. All three heads snapped to her direction. Ash shyly tucked a loose strand of hair from her low ponytail behind her ear. Without Ash's knowledge, Lance's jaw had fallen, as he gaped at her in awe.

The armor's black fabric base hugged her figure defiantly, as the plates sat in their designated positions.

***

The day continued to hold fun for the four paladins, and the robot. Throughout the day, Ash had gotten to demonstrate her strength and wrestling skills through mini skirmishes, earning herself and the other paladins a few bruises and small cuts.

After an instance where Lance and the robot collided while ramming each other with the segways, the robot had made Lance a necklace with a small version of a sentry on it, so there were no "hard feelings"

"Totally worth it," Lance whispered, causing Ash to chuckle to herself.

   "Hey, how fast do you think I can run a loop around this room?" Ash suddenly questioned, gazing around. The other three paladins turned to her, and eyebrow raising from each of them.

   "Just wondering. Pidge, would you time me?" Ash asked, beginning to slip out of her shoes.

   "What are you doing that for?" Pidge asked, gesturing to Ash's shoes. Ash slipped off her second shoe and set it to the side, her gaze following the perimeter of the room again.

   "Faster without shoes," she stated plainly, and made her way over to one of the walls. She lined herself up next to it, and got into a starting position.

   "Three... two.... one.... GO!" Ash took off sprinting, and surprised the other Paladin's with her speed. While she was no flash, she was very far from slow. Within seconds she completed her lap around the room and came to a halt in front of them, gasping for air.

   "Time?"

   "18.8 seconds," Ash stood upright and gave Pidge a high-five. She turned to give Lance one, but stopped when he spoke.

   "You're... bleeding," he said, pointing to Ash's toe. She looked down, and sure enough, her big toe was bleeding an immense amount of blood from an unrecognizable wound.

   "Well then," Ash said, looking back up at them with an amused face. They stared at her in shock as she pushed past them, walking away.

   "Does it hurt?" They called after her in unison.

   "Nope! I have a very high pain tolerance!" She called back, holding up an 'ok' sign with her hand. The paladins shared one last look of confusion before chasing after her.