Moving Pictures

Tour flew by fast, and by fast, I mean fast. The fans reacted well to me joining the band, which was great because that was one of my main worries about joining.
I liked meeting new people as tour went on, and hanging out with Meredith. She's sick.
One night, after a show, we were all hanging together in the kitchen/lounge, just playing video games, eating food, and talking. It was a nice vibe. Then Pete decided to talk.
"Why don't we play truth or dare?" He asked. We all groaned. "Pete we aren't fifteen." Joe complained. "But it'll be fun, then we can learn more about each other." Pete whined. We all reluctantly agreed and got in a circle. Marcus just sat on the couch watching us all.
"So AJ, truth or dare?" Pete asked, wiggling his eyebrows. "Truth." I said blandly. "You're no fun." He whined more. "Do you have any tattoos?" He asked. "No." I said. "You don't? I thought for sure you did..." Andy trailed off. Truth is, I do, I have two. I have a huge blue jay one my back, full wingspan, and a patch of sunflowers going up my right side, but I didn't want to share that yet because they were very personal. Andy probably guessed because when ever I wear a t-shirt and roll my sleeves on stage, you can see the feathers of the bird peaking out. "Okay." I breathed. "Patrick, truth or dare?"

*TARDIS sounds*

By then, Joe's hair was straightened and braided, Meredith's face was covered with makeup that Andy did, which wasn't too bad but not good either, Pete was shirtless, Patrick had drawings on his arms in an abundance of sharpie colors, Andy's beard was gone, and I was stuck without my glasses or contacts, so I was as blind as a bat.
"I think it's time to hit the hay." Andy yawned. We all nodded in agreement. Meredith took the makeup off, Joe took out the braid, and I helped Patrick remove the 'tattoos'. The lights went out when I was helping him remove them so we were just there in the dark.
"Hey AJ." Patrick whispered. "What Patrick?" I asked, throwing away the cotton ball and getting another one. "Do you ever think you'll get a tattoo?" He asked. I stifled a dry laugh. "Yeah, maybe." I said. "Why do you laugh?" He asked. "I was brought up earlier, I didn't think you'd bring it back up." I stated. I finished and washed my hands. "You're good." I said, wiping my hands free of any rubbing alcohol. "Thanks." He smiled. We walked back to our bunks, and before I could crawl into my bunk, Patrick called out to me. "Night AJ, see you in the morning." I smiled. "Night Patrick." I then crawled in, closed the curtain, and fell asleep.

I woke up promptly at six and got up to make some tea. I grabbed my box of chai tea and took out a packet. I warmed up some water and dipped the packet in. I stirred in sugar and cream and sat on the sofa. (Chai tea made the way I described is actually pretty good, not gonna lie.) I looked out at the passing fields and rising sun and smiled. I like this family, and I'm glad I was adopted into it.

Short boi
-DLJ