3

All black.

That's the only color Jotaro knew again.

Black suits, black dresses, the solemn shade that whispers sweet nothing of impending doom-

A black coffin.

Kakyoin Noriaki, aged 17 years, is now deceased.

The boy's body was torn to shreds by the enemy they'd all worked so hard to defeat, only for him to one thing to slip through Jotaro's fingers.

He couldn't even do a good job of at least protecting others during the scene.

Jotaro Kujo was a disgrace.

He was useless, useless, useless.

"Fine. Just don't be a bothersome little shit."
His own words echoed between his ears as he realized that if anything, he had become the bothersome little shit.

His mother in her own feminine way had cried as well, fat tears rolling down her cheeks that she dabbed at with a handkerchief. Her son would stare at nothing but his own shoes, throat and chest clenched tightly as his black leather shoes were rooted to the graveyard's grass.

She was just beginning to feel better too, his mother. Which is all Kakyoin seemed to want from the Kujo residence- for them to be in good health.

And Jotaro realized he'd never be able to even see that, to see Holly animated again, like the first time she was introduced to him.

Holly sent her deepest apologies to her son, and to anyone else who was affected.
That night, her arms clasped around the male's chest, her face a mess from the tears.

Jotaro knew all too well that she wasn't the type to push or set aside such a topic. And as much as he could try, he really couldn't. 

Now normally, he'd snap something at her to let him go, but here instead he had a different response.

Jotaro wrapper his arms around his mother and let the woman sniffle about into his chest, a solemn expression on his face as he felt something watery in his eyes.

"It's fine."

After he took all he could from the situation, he shook his mother off and retreated to the back porch.

Fresh air.
He needed new thoughts and feelings as of now.

But looking up at the purplish sky, said thoughts and feelings only amplified.

He couldn't remember exactly what Kakyoin had said about stars that night, but what he did recall was how close he felt to the other.

How he was the first person Jotaro ever got to study closely, to look at, to enjoy.

And as quiet droplets streamed from baby blue eyes, Jotaro couldn't get his brain to shut up about one thing-

That Kakyoin Noriaki, age 17, was now dead.