CHAPTER ONE

{ kapittel en }

MANDAG 07:46Olivia Thorsson stood by the fence right outside Hartvig Nissen, her new school the next three years

MANDAG 07:46
Olivia Thorsson stood by the fence right outside Hartvig Nissen, her new school the next three years. A couple of people had already arrived, some groups had gathered together and some stood nervous alone like herself. The brick building hoovered above the concrete ground like a mountain. The architecture impressed her. The building was just as people; one thing on the outside and another on the inside.

She took a deep breath before entering the school yard. No one on the concrete ground gave her ease. Especially not the large group of guys that occupied the benches. Their eyes fell on every girl that was close by. She rolled her eyes when a few of the girls giggled as heat rose to their cheeks from the male attention.

Olivia wasn't impressed by guys in a group, their testosterone levels rising as they kept triggering each other. Everyone pressured to be something different. Hence even girls were like that. The human was like that; our biological cave man days reminding us that without the group you won't survive. Humans were like animals; beings that lived in packs.

However the cloths that dressed their bodies were changed to fancy expensive clothing. The axe or even a piece of wood in our hands were exchange for phones, money, materials some valued more than the basic needs and other definitions of wood. The caves were changed to apartments and the only thing man hunted were the opposite sex and things they in reality didn't need but greed that gotten a head in the brain.

Olivia wore simple black pants with new white sneakers that was almost illuminating the rather dull morning. It was a great contrast to the grey concrete floor. She wore a simple white t-shirt, the v-neck giving her a nice cleavage yet she hadn't much to show off underneath, she believed. A green military jacket on top and silver hoops were drawing attention to her face. Her dark brunette hair was pushed up in a high ponytail. Make up neutral.

More people filled the school yard and as the bell rang everyone started to walk towards the doors. A sigh filled Olivia's stomach and before she reached the doors she quickly turned around.

"Nope, I'm not doing this to myself." Olivia whispered under her breath. However when she turned around she collided with a strong and firm chest. "I'm so sorry." She apologised yet a loud breath of relief left her lips when she was met with a familiar face. Philip. Philip Andreas Samuelsen. The only soul she knew at Nissen.

"Hei Ollie!" Philip said and a wide smile was covering his lips, showing his bright pearly teeth.

"Hai Philip!" Olivia smiled at him. "I thought you would ditch me today." She said and he placed his arm around her shoulder as they walked inside Nissen.

"I would never. What friend would I be then? To leave my baby friend as she enters the exciting nature of Hartvig Nissen for the first time. When she meters the mad house and joins the lunatics." Philip exclaimed dramatically and she rolled her eyes.

"Only because you're a year older than me." She mumbled.

"Don't be bitter Ollie. Let's make sure you'll find your way." He said and she smiled yet a frown occupied the space between his thicker brows.

"Won't you be late?" Olivia asked curiously.

"I was late all first year. Can't scare the teachers by being on time can I now?" Philip said and she chuckled. "I've worked hard on creating my image here." He added and smiled.

MONDAG 11:37

Olivia had survived all the way to lunch on her first day at Nissen. She kept to herself and under the radar. What had struck her when she sat down by an empty table in the cafeteria was the amount of gossip. She knew teens her age kept their mouth occupied with anything really however the amount of rumours spreading two minutes into the semester kept everyone's mouths moving constantly. She wondered if they got sore in their jaws for talking too much.

Soon a strawberry blond girl walked inside the filled cafeteria, eyes roaming the room carefully for a place to sit. She spotted Olivia's table and carefully walked over.

"Can I sit here?" The girl spoke, Olivia noting the slight accent in her voice yet she only smiled.

"Of course." Olivia smiled and it was returned by the girl who sat down. "Are you new here as well?" She asked carefully, the strawberry blond looking like she could crack any moment.

"Yes," She answered.

"I'm Olivia." She introduced herself with a wide smile.

"Eva." She said and smiled back. "Do you know anyone here or are you completely new?" Eva asked.

"I only know one. He's in the second year, he's cool. His names Philip. Tall, tanned and brow game that beats us all." She answered and Eva smiled. "You?" She added.

"My boyfriend Jonas and our friend Isak." Eva answered and she nodded.

"Nice." Olivia said. "Are they—"

"Hei! We're from the theatre group and you are invited to our party on Wednesday. Both of your Of course." Two bubbly second yeas said.

"W—What?" Eva asked.

"A party on Wednesday! You are first years right?" One of them spoke. Both Eva and Olivia nodded.

"Great. It's very important that you come since everyone's going to be there. It will do wonders for your reputation here at Nissen." One speak almost too quickly for her to comprehend.

"Where—?" Olivia tried.

"Just add me on face for more details. It's Angelica Komorovski." One said and before they new it; they were gone. Both girls by the table blinked quickly before chuckling.

"What have they eaten? Did you understand anything?" Olivia asked with a frown. "They left as fast as they came." She added and Eva chuckled which made Olivia smile. However Eva got quiet and her face fell when a group of four walked past, three blondes and a lighter brunette girl with longer hair walked past their table. All of them glared at Eva which made Olivia frown.

"What's their problem?" Olivia mumbled angrily. "You know them?" She asked and looked at Eva who looked sadly at the table.

"It's complicated actually." Eva mumbled. Her long strawberry blond hair shielding her face. Before Olivia could say anything the bell rang loudly in their ears.

"What do you have now?" Olivia asked Eva.

"Norwegian." Eva said with a huff. Olivia smiled.

"Same!" She exclaimed with a smile and Eva's mood changed from sad to happy in a matter of seconds which warmed Olivia's heart.

MONDAG 17:49

Olivia was laying on the bed on her stomach. Her phone in her hands and the tunes of Ed Sheeran filled her room. She hummed along the soft and perfect voice of the musician. She opened instagram, scrolling through her feed, watching her old friends with their new ones in their new schools. She left instagram and opened facebook instead, she tapped the search bar and typed 'Eva Mohn'. She soon found Eva Kviig Mohn and her thumb rested over the friend request button, doubting if she should send it. Olivia didn't want to seem creepy, they had just met yet they had bonded during their chat and during the class. Soon a red dot appeared by her notifications. She pressed it and smiled.

FACEBOOK
———————

Eva Kviig Mohn have sent you a friend request.

confirm    hide request
———————

"OLIVIA! DINNERS READY!" Her mother yelled from upstairs. Olivia accepted the request with a smile on her face. "OLIVIA!!" Her mother yelled again.

"I'm coming!"