Chapter 28

Goodbye K.P

The saddest moment of my life was watching my best friend, my sister being lower into the ground in a coffin. During the whole service Raven and I held on to each other tight. I had cry so much that I'm not sure if there's anymore tears in my eyes. But, when K.P brother walk in and throw himself on the coffin and scream out her name apologizing to her for not being there for her, my tears started to flow again. The service was beautiful, Raven and I had put together a PowerPoint of K.P's life. Going through all of our old pictures was really hard for us, it keep reminding us we now have an emptiness where she used to be. The only unpleasant part was Ayakeba and Jake showing up and I had security remove them before Raven could do something crazy. Like kill them right there, because K.P was an FBI agent she got the full rights with the flag and shooting in the air.

When we were leaving I saw someone standing far away wearing a purple and black dress and for a brief moment I though it was K.P. But of course it was my mind playing tricks on me. I left Raven to handle all the people who show up after the funeral to comfort us and I went straight to the hospital. I needed to be with my babies for a bit. I wanted to hold them but they had to stay in the incubator for a least another two weeks.  After sitting with for a few hours I went to visit Gabe who was doing better. I crawl up in bed with him and held him as he cry for the woman he loved most of his life.

“I feel like there's a hole in my heart" he said to me.

“You just had heart surgery to fix that" I joke with him. We both giggle at my stupid joke. It was a relief to laugh after all the sadness.

“I'll never love another woman as I loved her" he said staring up in the ceiling.

“I know" I whisper softy to him. “she was special and I miss her so much already"

“She'll want us to move on, not to mourn her for to long. She was all about living her life"

“I know" we both stay silent, thinking about her. I had a smile on my face as I think about some of her antics.

“How is Luke?" He asked me. breaking our silence.

“He's still in a coma" I said feeling sad again. “Kelly is with him now, she haven't move from his side"

“And how is my nephews?"

“They're great getting stronger everyday"

“I can't wait to get out of here and go see them."

“You'll see them soon enough, just stay here and focus on getting better"

“Yes ma'am" he said saluting me playfully.

The nurse come in before I scold him, she kick me out and I left for Luke's room to give kelly a break. I receive a lot of weird looks from everyone but I didn't care. I know how I much look in my purple Ralph Lauren dress and heels but I really don't care.

“Hey Kelly"

“Nessa" she said looking up at me. “I'm so sorry about K.P"

“It's okay" I said. Every time someone said I'm sorry I didn't know what to say. I was fed up of hearing it but I couldn't very well scream at them and say it's not your faults why are you sorry.

“You need to go home and rest, I'll stay here with Luke tonight"

“What! No, Nessa I can't ask you to do that"

“You're not asking me and Luke and I have been friends for over ten years, it's hardly a hardship for me to stay here with him all night"

“Oh okay" she said softly before getting up to leave.

“Hey Kelly" I call to her as she was by the door. When she turn around I smile at her.

“Thank you for loving him"

“You don't have to thank me" she said before turning and leaving.

“Did you have to thank her" Luke croaked at me. I gasp in surprise.

“You're awake!" I rush out the door and call to the nurse. “He's awake" and then I runs back in his room and throw my arms around him. “Oh Luke, you're awake."

“Yeah now get off me and give me some water to drink, my throat feel dry"

“Oh sorry" I said quickly getting off him and pouring him some water. I put a straw in it and hold the cup as he drink it.

The nurse comes in and ask me to leave so she could check him. I walk out the room and call Raven. As she answer I screamed out that Luke was awake. We talk for a few more minutes before I hung up the phone. When the nurses left I returned to Luke's room. Before I could tell him about K.P he asked me why I was so dressed up. I told him K.P had die to save me and my babies. For the first time in my life I saw Luke cry. When he was finish crying he then vow to kill Justin. I told him he was to late there too because before K.P died she shot him, emptied her gun in him they say. Raven said he was unrecognizable, she also said FBI agentd swept K.P body away before she even had time to process what had happen.

Luke reach out and took hold of my hand.

“We'll always remember her Nessa but we have to move on to. Wait! Did you say she saved your babies life as well. Does that mean you had the babies."

“Yes, they're upstairs" I said smiling at him. “two beautiful boys"

“I'm an uncle then"

“Yes and you need to get better, they need you to teach them to defend themselves" I said joking with him.

All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain in my belly and I had to grasp on to the bedrail to steady myself. What the hell! I could hear Luke's voice from somewhere far away asking if I was okay. I place my hand on my belly and felt something warm and sticky. I started to feel weak and I felt my body slipping off the chair and I was feeling so weak and tired. I couldn't stop myself from falling. All I could do was wait to hit the floor but I never felt my body hitting the floor because a familiar blackness overtake me as I slip into unconsciousness.

There's two more chapters after this. Then I start on Could this be love Raven's story.