s c e n e ii

that part with the break in ________________

________________

Beacon Hills, California
November 22, 2012

Sommer didn't feel all that great about breaking in to Scott's house to use his shower; but she couldn't handle the horrible water pressure that janky-ass warehouse had for much longer.

That, and all she'd been hearing for the last three days were plans on how to keep Isaac locked away and in hiding until he was cleared; seeing as since they've broken him out of jail, he's now considered a fugitive.

And on top of that, Cora's birthday was coming up tomorrow, and and Sommer always had a hard time that day.

She needed some alone time.
And a relaxing shower.

So, that's how she found herself in the McCall home at noon on a Friday; humming along to some old school All Time Low as the steam fogged up the room.

Too caught up in her own little world: she didn't hear the front door open, nor did she hear footsteps come rushing up the stairs.

She didn't even hear the bathroom door open until she heard a familiar voice screech, "Sommer?! What the hell are you doing in my house?!"

All movements of Sommer's paused as her hands were still in her hair, eyes darting around the tiled shower.

"Uh, hey Scott!" Was all she could squeak out as she dropped her hands and pulled the curtain back, instantly regretting it; as now Scott's cheeks were dark red and his brown eyes were an even darker shade.

Scott cleared his throat awkwardly, eyes looking anywhere but her as he stuttered.

"Wh-What are you d-doing here?"

Sommer frowned. "Shouldn't you be at school?"

Scott frowned as well as he stood taller. "They-They let us out early.. Wait! I should be asking you the questions-"

"Jesus Scott, relax." The blue eyed beauty snapped as she opened the curtain a little more. "It's like you've never seen a half naked girl before."

Her embarrassed mumble was obviously heard, though Scott found himself twitching under her gaze as she widened her eyes.

Scott pushed it away and muttered, "Why are you in my house, Sommer?"

"I uh," she began, looking down at her bare feet embarrassedly. "I needed out of that warehouse.. A-And that shower sucks ass."

Scott sighed out and took a step back, nodding.

"Okay- well uh, y-you know where the towels are... I'll just- I'll leave you to it..."

Sommer stood confused as she watched him turn around, heading toward the door.

But her voice stopped him.

"You-You don't mind?"

Scott was shocked at the smallness of her voice, though he didn't turn around.

"Just don't use my loofa." Was his response before leaving the room, closing the door as Sommer just stood under the hot water in shock.

Did that really just happen?

Scott paced his room while images of Sommer's naked upper body flashed through his memory.

Though he didn't see much; her upper chest and collar bones were enough for him, paired with her soaked brown hair and fresh face.

How could someone be so effortlessly beautiful?

No. Scott chastised in his head as he stopped dead in his tracks. This is Sommer Hale you're thinking about. She's not beautiful; she's a total bitch.

But as many times as Scott tried convincing himself of that, he couldn't help the involuntary flutter that started in his heart and stomach at the thought of her..

___

Sommer was soon out of the shower; the towel wrapped around her body as she towel-dried her hair with the other one.

She didn't know what to do.

She knew Scott was still there, so she didn't exactly feel comfortable just walking in.

But as she got dressed, she didn't seem to care anymore.

So, after getting dressed, she found herself wandering toward the familiar room and knocked, waiting until she heard Scott's voice.

"C-Come in!"

She turned the knob and hesitantly walked in, looking around to find Scott laying on his bed tiredly.

She bounced her knee. "Uh, th-thanks for not kicking me out... I really appreciate it." She mumbled shyly as she looked around the room.

Scott smiles a little, nodding. "No problem.." he started, though he smelled something mixed with her vanilla-cinnamon scent. "You okay?"

Her brows furrowed as she gave him a look.

"Huh? Yeah, uh, why?"

She saw Scott shrug. "You smell sad."

It took Sommer a moment of silence before she nodded a few times, blue eyes staring at the ground.

"I-I'm fine. It's my little sister's birthday today. She would've been 17."

Scott cringed at the pain and sorrow in her voice; one of the only times he would probably see her so vulnerable.

And he didn't know what to say..

But luckily, he didn't need to.
Because the brunette deflected quickly, swallowing harshly.

"Thanks for not getting mad at me about the whole me breaking in to your house, thing.. I should go make sure Derek hasn't killed Isaac yet.."

And with that being said, the brunette was almost jogging away from the puppy looking boy who just nodded silently, staring at the spot Sommer recently stood in.

What the hell just happened?