Chapter Nine

Chapter NineThe Inconstancy Of Life "Life is always changing, the only constant in life is change

Chapter Nine
The Inconstancy Of Life
"Life is always changing, the only constant in life is change. The only thing you could depend on is change."
~

For the last two weeks I had been stressing over the tour, taking photos, preparing, deciding. The tour was in order. And after a brief telling to my family that I was leaving, no matter how devastated Mama L was, I was sure that my family supported me, even if it was just for the concert tickets. No matter how much I had been readying myself, I still felt unsure and not adequately prepared for tomorrow. It would be my first concert of the tour, in L.A., and I would have to do it again the next day. It was my first concert where I was the focus.

I laid in my bed, tossing and turning while my heart raced faster than ever, I had managed to get a few hours of sleep earlier, but I knew that it wouldn't sustain me. Turning to the daunting clock on my nightstand I saw in big bold red 1:31 A.M., there was no hope. In just a few short hours my alarm would sound the rise of my body, I reached for my phone and called the one person I knew could truly understand.

"Hello?" The groggy deep voice sounded intoxicating.

"I need to talk to you." My voice came out more urgent than I had intended it to.

"Nervous?" He paused, a small groan followed. "Be ready in 15, I have something to show you."

"What?" I had expected a tired and terse pep talk.

"Be. Ready. In. 15." He hung up, even through I was apprehension, I stood up and started a pot of coffee. Quickly rushing to my closet, I grabbed a cropped Post Malone Tour hoodie pairing it with some high waisted black jeans to counter the bright yellow colour. Not caring how I looked, I threw my hair in a bun and poured my coffee in a cup, chugging the warm liquid, the warm liquid in my throat caused me too wake up. I finished just in time, because soon after a distant knock came from my door. "I tried to be gentle, for your neighbours sake."

"Thank you." My instinct took over and I hugged him, feeling some stress fade at the simple touch, he openly welcomed the embrace. I kissed his cheek softly, feeling suddenly calmed by the bear hug, I masked my warm blush by turning and locking my door.

"Follow me to the car." I slightly stumbled, Austin tenderly grabbed my hand and pulled me into his sturdy body, leading me with his protective arm around my shoulders.

I could feel myself succumb to the want for his touch, to my desire, the longer I allowed him to lead me down the stairs to his car. But unusually, I didn't fight it, my tired and incompetent mind seemed to only be concerned with the way his arm fit perfectly around me and the way his face was so handsomely carved, like a Greek goddess. Not to mention the small curls that didn't manage to be slicked back into his loose bun, his scruff that he allowed to grow longer than usual, I felt an urge to touch more of him to be closer to him rise in me like a tidal wave.