I still like you..

Dear person who stole my heart,

I never knew that knowing you after all these years and the stuff that has happened, I'd still like you. All those unspoken words that I regret not saying. All those late night thoughts that made my mind go crazy.

All those insecure moments when we never spoke. All those silent treatments you gave me. And all those smiles and laughs I've seen and heard. All those what ifs and what nots it all made me realize I still like you.

Who knew that when I first saw you in fifth grade you'd become someone so important to me. If I knew it was as easy to let you know that I liked you, I would have done it a long time ago.

Those days where we would look at each other and say nothing at all. The long stares were my favorite ones even though I was uncertain...I still liked them. I knew that you meant something but I never had the guts to ask about it.

I was so caught up with those stares that I didn't want to know the truth. They made my day along with those small talks we had through out the years. It was something that could have made things better but I was afraid of ruining the last bit of friendship we had all these years.

If I knew my life could have changed and had gone with the advice to tell you how I felt I would have done it in a heart beat. But I couldn't because I was nervous and didn't know if it would mean anything.

As I saw you getting closer to other girls, my faith went down. So I gave up. I easily got defeated and went with reality. I still looked at you from far away and even though you still looked as well. It still pained me to see that we couldn't be close as we once we're.

In my mind I dreamed of something perfect. I always did when it came to you. I wanted something so real but I couldn't get the hurt out of my heart each time I saw us drifting away more.

Thinking back I realized that I could think of all the bad things about you...but it was impossible again. Because I still liked every little thing about you. That beautiful smile that I liked seeing. Your beautiful laugh that I liked hearing each time someone made a funny comment or acted a certain way.

You're the one who always made me feel important. You cared,and besides those beautiful brown eyes you, held a beautiful personality. I still wished I was the one who made you laugh like that. Or make you smile like they did, but I couldn't cause my shyness wouldn't allow me.

Even though my heart aches looking back at it all, my heart still beats for you. Because in reality
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I still like you.