five // freedom can't last forever

The weeks went by and the Deans were eating dinner. JD, Veronica and Chloe were all eating, talking about their days when suddenly Veronica sat down her fork. "I think we should tell her," She said to JD.

"Tell me what?" Chloe asked, looking at her mother confusedly.

"Jesse got kicked out of college. He has to come home." JD explained.

"What!?" Chloe yelled, dropping her fork and knife.

"Your brother is going to be at home again. We know you've been doing well and you've made friends but we can't refuse to let him home." JD continued.

"He's going to kill my boyfriend and hurt my friends." Chloe said, she was sure of it.

"No he isn't, he hasn't done anything like that in a long time." JD insisted, trying to calm his daughter down.

"Because I stopped making friends for him to injure!" Chloe shouted, pushing away from the table. "When is he going to be home?" She asked.

"Tuesday." JD answered. It was Saturday evening, that gave Chloe only two days to concoct a plan.

"I need to get some air." She said, taking her plate to the kitchen. She went into the backyard and sat in one of the lawn chairs in front of the croquet setup. She pulled out her phone and called Finn.

"Chlo, what's up?" He asked.

"I need you to come get me. Now." She said.

"Okay, I'll be there shortly." He replied.

Chloe went through the house, stopping in the living room to grab her coat and tell her parents she was going out with Finn. Since they liked Finn, they didn't mind. She went out front and waited for her boyfriend. His car pulled up and she got in, flopping against the seat in an exasperated manner.

"What's wrong?" Finn asked.

"Jesse's coming home." Chloe answered.

"What are you going to do?" Finn questioned.

"The only thing I can do." She turned her head to look at Finn in the eyes. "Kill him before he kills you, Bianca and Lincoln."

"You aren't serious." Finn said. Chloe wouldn't ever hurt anyone. Even people who hurt her. She'd never hurt them. What was it about Jesse that made Chloe want to kill, Finn wondered to himself as Chloe began to speak again.

"I am. If I don't do something, he's going to kill you all just for being my friends. You'd probably get it worse since you're my boyfriend too." Chloe insisted. "I can't lose you, or Bianca and Lincoln. You're all I have besides my parents."

"Okay. We can do this." Finn told her.

"I think we need Bianca and Lincoln's help too." Chloe said and Finn nodded, pulling away from the curb in front of Chloe's home and beginning the drive to Bianca's.