The First Letter

Dear Freddie,

 Now that I've left you, and I'm alone again, I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with me. Please believe me when I say I didn't break up with you because of you. I know people always give the 'it's not you, it's me' speech, but I really do mean it.

 I've been trying to figure myself out, see where I went wrong, why I feel like I can't have a romance again. The truth is, I'm not sure. But you still deserve an explanation.

 You know, it's weird that we met on a Sunday afternoon and broke up on a Sunday afternoon. Now I think it's only right that I tell on a Sunday what happened. Have you ever heard that song 'Tell Me On A Sunday' from that musical? The girl tells the person she loves to tell her on a Sunday when they decide to leave. Figures I'm getting my inspiration from an 80s musical, but at least it's inspiring me to talk to you, right?

 I know you might be hurting, and you might not to hear from me. You might throw this letter out before you even finish it, or without reading it at all. Please don't.

 Expect a letter every Sunday until I've finished pouring out my soul to you. It could take a while.

                                                                                                              Love, 
                                                                                                              Caroline