Tour Guide

Jess POV

I laid in bed with my phone inches from my face, I'll grow up to have horrible eye sight. Try Guys was on my phone, which was probably a mistake seeing it's 2am and everyone was asleep. If I bursted out laughing I might end up dead, just as I was about to put my phone down a notification came up. Ciaran O'donovan.

Ciaran: Hey you up? I need to talk to someone.
Jess: Aren't I always up, talk away :)

I always reply to him, even when I'm about to sleep. I'd stay up all night for him, a bad habit I know. Just can't help myself.

Ciaran: just having a really bad day, need a laugh, you usually make me smile a little so hey
Jess: you flatter me, I've been inside all day, decorating the home. Family is on holiday, so took it upon myself. Procrastinating having to finish my story for college.
Ciaran: you shouldn't procrastinate, especially since you're so good at writing.
Jess: honestly, stop before I swoon.

That was how the conversation went, he commented on stories I brought up and I cracked jokes. I took most of the pressure off him of having to keep up a conversation, giving him what I wanted a break and someone to just talk to. Not be depressing with, just a fun conversation. Almost died knowing I got this with a boy I really liked. With our goodbyes we ended our late night conversation at 5am. Usually I'd be angry at lack of sleep, but for once a long time, I went to be with a wide smile.

Ciaran POV

Waking up I check my phone, it was 1:32pm, a good night sleep. My body never allows me the pleasure. Still, I lay on my back and think over last nights events. Jess is really funny, I should probably be online more. For late nights like that.

Having successfully dragged myself out of bed, I did my daily routine and found myself back in my bed in no time. I grab my phone and see I am being summoned by a Sophie Baker and Joshua, I join the discord chat and was greeted with a series of 'look who decided to join us'. With a long talk of Fortnite and random little catch-ups, we finally arrived to the conversation of fans. Yet somehow, Sophie managed to tease about Jess, which for some reason made me annoyed.

'So Ciaran, how are you and Jess, number one fangirl moving in your weird relationship.' Sophie laughed.
'We talked till late last night, 5am I think.' I offhandedly commented.
'Wait! What?' Sophie yelled, muffling Josh and his comments about asking what we talked about.
'Yeah, we talked late, so what?' I scrolled through my twitter liking random football related tweets.
'So when you admitting your crush?' Josh laughed, his contagious laugh.
'I don't have a crush on Jess, we've gone over this.' I rolled my eyes and switched to my instagram, which I ghost.
'Sure Ciaran, that's why you're up till 5 talking to her.' Sophie mocked.
'Look, she makes me laugh and she makes me happy okay, but that doesn't mean I like her like that.' I argue.
'Happier then anyone you've met?' Josh teased.
'Ye- oh my god.' I froze.
'Ciaran you like Jess! Oh my god.' Josh squealed.
'When did we become a trio of Janice's?' Sophie laughed. Friends, a great TV show.

I quickly bid goodbye, and sit with my new realisation. How did this happen to me? It's, Jess! I've been turning her down since May! My phone buzzed and it was Sophie.

Sophie: forget to mention, I've been invited to warner bros studio tour wanna come with me and Josh? Take your mind off Jess
Ciaran: Yeah, probably best. Thanks!

I turned off my phone and went back to sleep, I couldn't deal with thinking today.

*

I woke up and changed, it was a week since the discord chat. I've kept myself on down low, it'll be good to get out and see some friends. I haven't been talking much, probably a bad thing.

Arriving at the tour I look around the car park for Sophie and Josh, I spotted them but someone else was with them. Sophie, no. Please tell me you didn't. I approach with caution, after noticing the blonde bob haircut. If she invited Jess I will murder her, she better not have. Sophie turned and pointed me out, Josh turned and saw me, and then I saw her. Sophie only went and invited Jess. Did she have a plan?

'Ciaran, lets go, they've got a huge Basilisk head.' Sophie pulled us all along, she didn't want to bring up inviting Jess. She so had a plan, I feel it.

We made our way around the tour and finally approached the large Hogwarts castle, people leaned over the fence to get a better look. Jess ran up and let her arms fall over to the other side of the fence, and looked at the building. I walked up to stand beside her, if I just stayed quiet. Maybe we didn't need to talk. And we didn't, we stood in silence. Until we noticed, Sophie and Josh were nowhere to be seen.

'Why did they leave? My anxiety can't handle this.' Jess joked, but I feel like she's actually a little scared.
'You've got me, not completely alone.' I tried to comfort her.
'Yeah, you're better then them, the traitors. Leaving us together.' She sighed, with a content smile on her face.
'Thanks for that night by the way.' I hope she knew the one I'm on about.
'No problem, it was fun for me too.' It was awkward. I steal a look to find she was staring at me, not even trying to hide it.
'Do you know what? Screw it.' She grabbed my face and kissed me.

It took a few seconds that Jess (from what I can gather an incredibly self conscious girl) was confident enough to straight up kiss me, in public, without any warning. Once that had settled in, I then realised Sophie and her plan. Then thirdly, I kissed her back.

Priorities right.