Part 5

Music was blasting in the gymnasium when you made your way in with Jeff. Most of the students turned around to look at you. Your dress made quite an impression as you walked past the students and to the drink table. "Everyone's looking at you, sweetheart." Jeff murmured to your ear wrapping both arms around your waist.

"Cause I am with the most handsome boy of the night." You turned to face him, resting both hands on his chest. You had a matching lipstick to your dress which made you stand out a lot more. That night no one bothered you. And by no one, you meant Bryce and his stupid squad. You danced with your best friend most of the time, you even danced with Zach and to your surprise helped Clay finally get a move on Hannah when the slow music came in. Jeff also took you on the dancefloor, hands not leaving your waist.

"You are so stunning that even Montgomery has his eyes on you," Jeff whispered to you as he slowly made the two of you dance so you were now facing Montgomery that was dancing with Courtney. He didn't lower his gaze but instead pressed hand on the lower back of Courtney so she was all against him. What the hell was going on with him lately?

"Too bad I am already taken." You grinned against his cheek. He chuckled and placed a soft kiss on your bare shoulder. When you looked back at Monty, he was still with Courtney and looking at you. You rolled your eyes at him. When you went back to the bleachers, Clay was sitting alone. "So, how did it go?" You asked.

"Well?"

"You don't look so sure there," Jeff stated.

"Jessica is drunk and she kinda ruined the thing." You sighed and got up. "Where are you going?"

"Find Jess. I don't want her alone and drunk away from me." You said as you carefully got down the bleachers. You walked in the halls, calling her name, your heels clicking on the floor. A couple of students were heavily making out in empty classes, but no Jessica. "Oh, Zach! Have you seen Jess?"

"No, why?"

"Nothing. I just need her." You mumbled as you walk past him before he asked anything else. You kept looking for her and to your forever damn ass, she was nowhere to be found. "Jesus Christ, Jess where the fuck are you?" You groaned.

"She left."

You turned to see Montgomery, resting against the door frame of the empty bathroom. "Alone?"

"With Justin, if that could help you." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"Thank you." You responded as you tried to walk out of the bathroom but he just got on the way. Your heart took a race in your chest. "Montgomery." You said in a low voice.

"Dance with me."

"Sorry, what?" You were not sure you heard him right. You frowned and hoped you didn't hear that.

"Dance with me, (Y/N). Once and I'll leave you alone." He said extending his hand for you to take. You hesitated. Why would he ask you this? Why you and why tonight and away from everyone? Why would he do so after he harshly talked to you the other day? You stared at him for seconds before you took his hand. You could swear he sighed in relief when you finally took a step toward him. His other hand found its way to your waist and pulled you gently close to him but still keeping a distance between you. The music wasn't loud from where you were but you could still hear it and managed to move on the slow beat. For a moment, you looked at each other before you rested your free hand on his chest. You could feel him tense a bit so you moved it to his shoulder, not breaking the contact. His fingers went up and down your back, as he closed his eyes, somehow, somewhat, Montgomery was different that night. The music stopped. You found yourself still in his hold and you didn't push him away. You didn't. Oh boy, you should have because the moment you met his eyes, he leaned forward and presses his lips against yours. For a second, you didn't kiss him back but you let your ward down, your hand moving from his shoulder to the back of his neck. The kiss heated up when his lips traveled from your lips to your neck, his hand holding firmly your waist.

"Monty..." You moaned. Even if you wanted to, you couldn't push him. Something in your head kept telling you not to stop and you didn't. You didn't stop him. You allowed him to kiss every inch of your exposed skin, leaving goosebumps on his way. Throughout your heated make-out session, he had pushed you gently against the nearest wall, placing a hand right behind your head when you finally hit the cold tiled wall. His lips moved back to yours. Your heart was about to stop beating when you finally managed to break the kiss. He rested his forehead against yours, mumbling apologies, his hot breath brushing your face. You were both out of breath, you could still feel his lips on your skin even when he had stopped. "We shouldn't have done this." You murmured closing your eyes, still stuck between him and the wall.

"You regret it?" He whispered.