Chapter 30 - Things Are Finally Looking Up For Us All

- Jasmine -

I was happy things were going well, in fact they were going so well that Zoe had convinced the boys to go to college here with us. We'd decided to split the apartment giving the boys one room and keeping the other for Zoe and I. I know what your thinking, it must be cramped. Actually the bedrooms are a good size and you can easily fit three beds in them.

The other good news was that we'd all fully unpacked our stuff and the boxes were gone. Having everyone here was cool, but something still didn't feel right and I couldn't put my finger on it. Zoe, Dylan, Corey and Jake were still going through the enrolment process so I was still hanging out with Kirsty.

Kirsty. That's it, she mentioned to me the other day that she was paying lots of rent for a one bedroom apartment, maybe she'd like to move in with us. I hadn't known her very long but it was long enough for me to realise what a nice person she was.

I had a soft spot for her too, she seems as though she's been alone for a long time. I still don't quite understand why because she's so kind and friendly. I currently sat with her in the cafeteria, it was lunchtime. Kirsty was her usual self, but she continued to complain about the rent she had to pay.

"There's no way I should be paying that much for a one bedroom apartment. It's a rip off."

"Yeah I think they're robbing you blind." I agreed.

She was quiet for a moment clearly trying to comprehend something in her mind. "Did I tell you my friends are coming to college here soon?" I asked.

"No last I heard was that you thought they weren't coming." She replied.

"Well they turned up and we're all in my apartment." I said happily.

"I thought your apartment was only two bedroom?" she sounded confused.

"Yeah it is but the rooms are big enough to fit three beds in. So in one room there's the three boys and the other is just Zoe and I."

She nodded and began picking at her food. "Hey there's another thing I wanted to ask you."

"What is it?" she asked looked even more confused.

"There's a spare spot in my apartment are you interested?"

Her face lit up in joy, "Oh really I can have roommates and we can have so much fun."

"When do you wanna move in?" I asked.

"When can I move in?" she countered.

"Whenever you want."

"Is today ok?" she smiled brightly, there's no way I can say no to that face.

"Sure I can help you move."

"Come on what are we waiting for?" she jumped up grabbing her stuff and leaving.

"We have class you know." I pointed out.

"I haven't missed a class yet and neither have you, so it shouldn't matter." she called behind her. I had no choice but to follow.

She was right her apartment was tiny and she definitely was paying too much to live here. The walls had stains and so did the carpet, the bathroom had missing tiles and a busted towel rack and half of the kitchen cupboard doors were missing. This place was a dump, and there was just no other words to describe it.

"Just put everything in these bags or in boxes, it doesn't matter where you put anything, Just pack it all up." she instructed.

She honestly didn't have that much stuff, so it didn't take that long I pack everything up. She had her own car and I could catch a ride with her back to my apartment.