My Summer Virus

So summer... I hate it. Now I know in the summer time you get to go to the beach, you get loads of free time because school would be out and there was the Fourth of July (for anyone who lives in the US like me), but man if you lived down here in Florida, you'd know how annoying it is. It's always hot and when it's not it would rain but barely and I always have free time but I'm never invited to much so I end up being bored most of the time, the only time I actually got to have fun was either whenever a friend would invite me over or whenever I'd take a vacation. But never in my life had I thought something as random as a virus be why I hate summer the most. So I believe this also happened in middle school, like around the summer before I went to the 7th or 8th grade, probably 8th, and it was a normal summer like any other, mostly boring and hot when all the sudden, the bottoms of my feet felt different. It felt like I was bit by a bug that left a lump large enough under my feet to make it feel like I'm always stepping on something. And it was hecka itchy! But at first I thought it really was just a bug bite but oh man I was so wrong! So the next day those same lumps started to appear all over my body and it was itchy and unbearable. Now if you don't know, my older brother A.J. has eczema and it was pretty bad, his skin would always look red and it would itch a lot, it's been and still is being treated and it's looking better but the reason why I mention this because I felt like my brother felt every single day at the time. I would always be itchy, wear loose clothing and take like three baths a day. I don't know why or how this suddenly appeared but my god was it abrupt. So a couple days later, my mom decided to take me to a doctor. They wanted to give me a shot to get some of my blood and see what was wrong with me but the first day I was at the doctor, I refused to take that shot so we didn't take it. Later that day I felt bad so the next day we drove back and I manned up and did it. Now this is where I mention my last story about my toe injury, remember when I said that now whenever I'd get into a serious injury or get a shot I'd just scream, keep my eyes closed and not look at wherever it hurts me? Well that's what I did. I kept my eyes shut and started screaming at the top of my lungs. I realized that a couple of seconds after the out the needle in that it stopped hurting but they didn't remove the needle because they were drawing blood from me so I for some reason decided to keep screaming even though it didn't hurt anymore. I don't know but I guess I thought I'd be odd to stop screaming out of no where like that so that's why I continued. I honestly felt bad for the doctor who was giving me that shot because he must've had the best tolerance in the world to want to handle my loud screaming for like a minute. Finally when it was over and a day or so later they gave us the results, it turned out I got a virus. I don't know what kind of virus it was but it was the only time I've ever gotten ill like that. I remember one time too I went to Publix with my mom and I was wearing jeans, my legs started to become the most itchiest so when I got home I changed my jeans and found that all my lumps from the rest of my body some how went to my legs. I'm not an expert but I think it was because of the pressure of my jeans that it did that. It now makes me think that I was lucky that this happened in the summer and not at school because this virus went on for a while so I probably would've missed a lot. So kids, if you ever get a virus, don't be a pussy when it comes to needles, you wouldn't even know that you have a virus if you didn't let them have some of your blood.