LOKI LAUFEYSON (2)

———

"(Y/N)

"(Y/N)."

HE WHISPERED your name as a greeting as soon as you had burst through the door. Your face was set in irked determination as you made your way to stand in front of the god.

"You were the one that asked me here and they were having me talk to another, lower down. He could hardly answer my numerous questions." His voice could only be described as Asgardian silk, something foreign and alluring.

"I was in a meeting." You stated, crossing your arms over your chest and staring up at the frost giant. 

SHIELD needed help. A lot of it. Another god on the team would considerably soften the literal and figurative blow of missions on the other Avenger team members.

"Perhaps I should come back another day then. I'll just take my leave to explore your city," he offered smartly, turning on his heels and raising a hand to vanish.

"No!" You grabbed his arm desperately. He tilted his head enough to acknowledge your hand making contact with the sleeve of his armor. "No. I'll speak to you," you sighed in defeat. He once again turned to give you his full attention, staring down at you and basking in triumph. 

You had met Loki before and for reasons the rest of the team could never understand, he took a liking to you. This made you the perfect candidate to talk to him about Fury's proposition.

"We have other members we're training right now to join the Avengers, but that takes time. Missions are only getting more and more difficult and that leaves more and more people needing recovery time. We would like to formally ask you to join the Avengers. There are ground rules, of course, because you've been a particular thorn in SHIELD's side in the past," you looked at him sternly, but his smirk was unwavering. "You're already trained, and you would be a great asset. Please, consider it." 

"You need me," he tilted his head, simpering down at you.

"The team needs you." Uncomfortably, you broke eye contact with the god, choosing instead to glance out a window. Loki's smirk only widened into a devilish grin when he noticed his teasing was getting to you.

"I'll make you a deal," he began, syrupy sweet, "I'll work with you and follow all the rules for a price." You narrowed your eyes appraisingly at him. 

"What price?" You questioned suspiciously.

"I want you to say, 'I need you, Loki, my king', and you owe me a favor. One which I can cash at any time for a favor deemed appropriate and equal pay to that which you are asking me." If it was possible, his smile grew more as he watched your reluctant reaction. 

"Fine." You muttered begrudgingly. A chuckle passed his lips as you stood up a little taller.  "Loki—"

"Yes, my dear?" He interrupted cheekily. You glared daggers at him before he let you continue.

"I need you..."
"Forgetting something?"
"...my king..."
———
WORD COUNT
518