13 - Coffee

She waits in line, feeling slightly impatient as the customer in front of her, a woman with her two year old son, spends a decent amount of time deciding what snack he'd like to have.

Finally, a couple minutes later, she walks up to the counter and smiles at the cashier. "Hi I'd like to have your caramel latte with almond milk, and a cinnamon role please," She places her order while the lady inputs it into the screen in front of her. A few minutes of waiting follow and she's given a paper bag with her snack, and her drink in her hand.

As she walks to her favourite seat by the window, where she can observe everyone passing by, she notices a guy watching her every step with fascination. She smiles at him briefly before turning away and keeping him out of her mind.

She takes out her laptop after sitting down and starts working on writing up her diary. She feels that it's a cheap system to follow though she's found that writing her feelings to something... helps her feel a little less lonely every day.

She has no one to-

"Hi, I'm sorry to bother you but is your name Joscelyn?"

She looks up to find the guy who was watching her intently, smiling and tilting his head for an answer.

"Um..." She stops talking abruptly, unable to reply all of a sudden. The guy furrows his eyebrows in concern, the woman in front of him has sort of froze.

"I-I'm sorry," He says shakily, "Sorry for bothering you-"

"No wait!"

Her fingers graze his arm and he turns around with surprise on his face. "I was just... I'm having a rough day," She runs a hand through her blonde highlighted hair, "My name is Natalia, sorry... was J-Joscelyn a friend of yours?"

The guy could have sworn that she looked exactly like a friend he knew. She has the same face, the same eyes, the same... curl of smile on her lips all the time. Though she was wearing eyeliner and a darker lipstick shade than he had seen his friend in. She also had a different shade of hair, and much shorter. She's also wearing black tights and a leather jacket, with a skull chain hanging down her neck.

He questions mentally why he even thought she was his lost friend.

"Y-Yeah she was..." He mumbles.

"Was?" She asks, "What happened?"

"She just... She went away. There were problems with someone she thought was a friend of hers. He caused her to go away."

"Was she your girlfriend?" She questions, out of the blue, and as if she has no control over her words.

The guy raises his eyebrows, "Um... Not really, though I would have liked it."

She gulps, a wave of sadness washing over her body. The guy starts to walk away after giving her a last smile but she gets up from her seat and says, "Hey, what's your name?"

"Uh, Stiles."

"Uh Stiles? That's a unique name," She grins, making him chuckle.

"It's just Stiles."

They share a moment of a stare then she bites her lip, reluctant to request from him. "Stiles, if you don't mind..." She shakes her head, "Sorry, I'm being a bit odd right now. Never mind me."

"Hey, no, what's up? There's something on your mind," Stiles says and steps closer to her.

"I-It's..." She frowns and crosses her arms conservatively, "It's my birthday today and I just-I don't feel that great. I don't have anyone, no friends or family... they left me. I just want someone to talk to."

Stiles smiles softly, "Happy birthday! What year are you on now?"

"Twenty one."

"Great! The legal age, never be a kid again," He nudges her arm a little and winks, making her laugh.

But her happiness turns into despair quickly. "Well... I wouldn't mind being a kid. Ignorant to the whole world and how it could be, just enjoying what I like to do, play and draw and make believe," She sulks then takes in a deep breath, "Could you... Could you sit me, just for a bit?"

Stiles licks his lips in contemplation, "Um... sure! I've got nowhere to be right now." She beams with happiness then sits back down, making Stiles squint his eyes.

"Are you sure your name isn't Joscelyn?" He repeats and she tilts her head.

"N-No, why?"

"Oh I'm sorry, you just really reminded me of her right now, the way you smiled," Stiles says softly.

She looks to the table and shuts her laptop. "Stiles I'm just... I'm so sorry you went through all that-"

"People leave in life, it's ok-"

"Scott and Lydia, and you were pulled into something-"

"Wh-What?"

"Stiles you have to help me now PLEASE. I'm sincere now, I won't keep any secrets."

Stiles stands up, bewildered and incapable of commenting on what he just witnessed. She gets up too, reaching to hold his arms but snatches them away as he backs up.

"Stiles this is the real me okay? Landen is after me, you have to-"

"J-Josie...?"

And she kisses him like she had never before... Though keeping in mind that they are sitting in a café.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝕊𝕄𝕆𝕂𝔼 & 𝕄𝕀ℝℝ𝕆ℝ𝕊 ~ 𝘛𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘞𝘰𝘭𝘧 🎉