Sleep.

It was around 7 o'clock when we got home, and we were all exhausted. Amber and Jamie managed to work out their differences, but they were sadly not a couple yet. I was happy though because I'd never seen Alec and Carter so happy. Nick was pretty content with that too because he started smiling even more. The parents and kids came back around 9, and they brought pizza with them. The parents were tried and went to bed while us and the kids decided to watch a movie.

Caeden and Lana seemed to be getting pretty cozy which didn't settle well with Alec because he kept glancing over at them, a scowl on his face. Carter had to slap him a couple of times before he decided to actually watch the movie.

Amber and Jamie occupied the couch, Alana planted on his lap. I'm pretty sure she fell asleep because she ended up sprawling over the two's lap who just smiled at the sight. I bit my lip, loving how happy my friends looked. Marina was busy texting on her phone, while Reese kept bugging her. They started arguing until Gabe shut them up sandwiching himself between the two and swatting their arms away. I let out a small laugh, and Nick glanced over at me a small smile on his face and light in his eyes. Brooklyn looked up eyeing the two of us, she was currently sitting in the middle, a smirk on her face. Nick kept bugging me, constantly flicking my ear or poking my shoulder. I slapped his hand away, but that just made him do it more.

Are you guys dating? Brooklyn asked and our eyes widened. I frantically shook my head, mirroring Nick who was still not able to comprehend what his little sister just asked.

We're just friends, besides there's no way I'd be able to put up with this clown, I said sticking my thumb in her brother's direction.

I think you mean, you wouldn't be able to keep your hands off of me, he stated cockily and waggled his eyebrows at me. I scoffed reached over to shove his shoulder.

I like her, Brooklyn stated happily her hazel eyes twinkling. She's much better than Alice.

I felt a pang in my chest at the mention of her name. It felt weird to imagine someone with Nick. I wondered what she was like? Was she pretty? Obviously. Smart? Definitely.

Brooklyn! Nick exclaimed rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

What? She was a bitch, Brooklyn stated matter of factly and I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

Brooklyn! Nick exclaimed louder clearly surprised and a little angry. Brooklyn shrugged in response and continued to watch the movie. I started thinking about Alice and wondered if that was what Nick was into. A rebel, someone who didn't follow the rules. Someone who was rude, like he is or was. And I realized that I didn't know as much about Nick as I originally thought. The idea made me frown, my happy mood deteriorating.

Don't look so down cupcake, you're still my favorite, Nick whispered cheekily and winked. I felt my cheeks turn pink and my heart fluttered, but I didn't let him know that.

Gabe's mine, I replied and he pouted, but I felt his hand touch my arm. And he was trying to pull me closer to him, even though it was nearly impossible with his sister in the middle.

I glanced down at Brooklyn who looked like she was eye raping Logan, Caeden's best friend. Logan seemed to be eyeing her as well and I smirked.

He's cute, I whispered and she glanced up at me her face turning red. Obviously embarrassed to be caught in the act.

Please don't tell Nick, she whispered back. I smiled trying to picture Nick picking a fight with a fourteen-year-old.

Don't worry, your secret's safe with me, I told her sincerely. She grinned back at me and then sat on the ground, leaning her back on the couch. She then winked at me, and I shook my head. She was exactly like her brother.

Nick took this as his cue to prop his legs up on my lap. I glared at me, and brought my legs up, placing them over his. He narrowed his eyes as if he was challenging me. I matched his expression and then we were playing footsies. Nick was strong, stronger than I would have liked. But I was holding my ground, as a soccer player, I had decent leg muscle. After ten minutes, we finally were too tired so we moved over to give room on either side of our feet.

It was around 1:00 when we all managed to drag ourselves to our room. The second my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

If you're pretending from the start like this. With a tight grip, then my kiss can mend your broken heart. I might miss everything you said to me, someone sang and my eyes fluttered open.

And I can lend your broken parts. That might fit like this. And I will give you all my heart. So we can start it all over again, they sang again and I squinted my eyes to see Nick singing his earbuds in. A small smile made its way onto my face as I tiptoed over to him. He glanced up, his eyes widened yanking his earbuds out and tossing them to the side.

You never told me you were a fan of One Direction, I stated a smirk on my face.

I'm not, the song just started playing, he stated.

Sure, I hummed.

It did, Nick exclaimed defensively.

Chill, I don't mind. I love them, I said. He scooted over to make space for me and I sat down next to him.

It's a decent song, he mumbled and the smile on my face grew.

It's actually one of my favorite songs by them. God, Louis solo is to die for. You should have seen the video of them singing it live. Niall was cracking up over Louis the whole time and it was probably the cutest thing I've ever seen, I gushed. Nick was chuckling quietly, with a weird smile on his face.

Why are you smiling like that? I asked him blushing.

Nothing, I just like when you talk about things you love. You get this look in your eyes and then you start bouncing. It's really cute, he stated and I blushed deeper.

Thanks, I whispered and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. We sat in comfortable silence for a bit, the sound of the waves crashing outside making me feel drowsy.

I thought I told you to sleep, I piped up and looked at Nick. It was kind of hard to see because it was so dark. But I knew he was looking at me.

I can't, he said softly.

Why not? I questioned curiously. He shrugged and sighed, running a hand through his hair.

I haven't been able to sleep since that night we went down to the basement, he stated and my eyes widened.

Nick...I trailed off.

I know...I know you'd never go down there by yourself. But you heard what Gabe said, it's dangerous C, I just don't want to wake up and realize that you're gone, he whispered the last part.

I'm not going anywhere, Nick. At least not without you, I stated and he gave me a small smile.

What if I stayed right here tonight? I asked him praying that he'd stop worrying and actually get some rest.

I don't know...he started but he looked down at my hopeful expression and nodded. I smiled as we both lied down. I felt our body heat merge together, a weird buss between us. His green eyes bore into mine for a few minutes before they finally closed. I waited until I heard the snore come out of his mouth and I fell asleep with a grin on my face.