13:00 | welcome to my cell

13:00 HOURS
• CHAPTER VI •
|||||

Ignoring calls, text messages, voice messages and everything that had to do with Ethan, Adalie only paid attention to Noah, who had cooked her breakfast and even ironed her uniform for her to get her at least a good start of another day at work.

While she got to her job, all she had in mind was Grayson's words, how the memory of his girlfriend's death was still fresh in his mind and the hatred he'd accumulated within him.

She realized that; knowing somebody had died is a tough process to accept, but the mourning is a much tougher process, for it can last up to weeks, months and even years.

It's not just moving on, it's accepting you can no longer see that person, hug or kiss or say the words you've been meaning to say.

This is what Grayson was going through, what his nights consisted of and what he thought of morning to morning.

Today, Grayson was quieter than usual, not greeting Adalie like he usually would- with a dirty joke or a compliment that would just turn a joke- and this surprised Adalie, causing her to be the first one to start a conversation.

"Bored, Bailey? You've been quiet lately." She told him after taking a small sip of her piping hot coffee.

Grayson managed to crack a lazy grin, but vanished in a matter of seconds, allowing his sad aura to flood the entire hall.

It was scary to see him angry, but even scarier when he was just silent with his thoughts.

Afterall, you never know what goes through a prisoner's mind.

"Today's her death anniversary" Grayson finally answered, letting out a deep breath.

He was sitting at the edge of his bed, looking at the ground with his elbows resting on his knees, palms together and lips straight.

It had been a year, yet he could remember everything like it was yesterday. And it hurt him, not knowing he wouldn't be able to turn back time.

"I'm so-"

"Save it. I don't want anybody else pitying her death." He sighed, and rose rom his bed to lean his broad back against the cold wall, standing close to the police woman before his cell.

Changing the subject instead, he began by saying "You know, I was told some good news today" He smiled.

Adalie had been working for almost two weeks now, and never once she had seen Grayson smile. She thought it was cute, almost angelic-like. It was no wonder why her girl friends warned her about him.

He could teach you how to sin, just by the sound of his deep, raspy voice by your ear and that smile of his.

"Yeah? And what would that be?" Adalie asked him, returning the smile as she felt herself closer to him.

It was nice to finally have a normal conversation with her boyfriend's twin brother.

"I was rewarded with a death sentence."

Nevermind then.

"What?" Adalie's eyes widened as her eyebrows furrowed at such horrible news.