PRETTYMUCH A BUMMER 6

After he said those surprising words I just looked at him not knowing what to say.

Did he just say he was in a band?

"Y-You're in a what..?" I asked as words finally poured out of my mouth, he rubbed the back of his neck and a kind of embarrassed smile appeared on his face.

"A band...I thought you would of figured that out already..?"

"How would I have figured that out? I mean this is shocking..."

Zion raised a concern eyebrow at my comment.

"Shocking..?"

"N-Not shocking bad of course- its like shocking good like- like surprising and-" I went on rambling about how him being in a boy band wasn't bad at all but Zion quickly stopped me with a light chuckle.

"Chill chill, I get it dont hurt yourself now."

I blushed then finally calmed myself down, I was glad he understood my reaction as it wasn't everyday you go on a date with someone and find out they're in a fucking band. I crossed my hands on the table then looked back at him.

"So...PRETTYMUCH..."

"What about it?" He asked playing with the napkin that was besides him, it was as if the topic didn't really matter to him right now.

"uhhh aren't you going to tell me about it?" I asked with awkward giggle. I wanted to know things about it, if he's going to tell me he's in a band at least give me some info on it. Zion glanced back over at me and seen how hard I was staring at him, he knew he had no choice but to explain. He explained how his group was made by Simon Cowell, which almost made me choke on my own spit. (Yes I am that dramatic) Then about their first song "Would you mind" He then also explained how All the boys that he mentioned and that I seen at they house were members of the band and so on. As he spoke I sat there completely interested in everything he had to say, I didn't know if it was the way he spoke or they way he explained everything in every single detail, or maybe idk its the fact that he's actually in a damn band??

"That's basically it, oh wait yeah my name is actually Caleb, Zion is my middle name, I just like Zion better, plus our fanbase spells B.E.A.N.Z. which is all our names and it would be stupid as fuck to have a "C" at the end." He said finishing off. Once again I was speechless, it was like this dude poured his whole life/ career onto my lap.

"W-Wow, I bet its so cool to be in a band" I said moving a strand of loose hair behind my ear and smiling, now I understood.

"Yeah its pretty dope, especially with all the fans and the money" 

I was just about o ask him about the songs that they had until, the waitress came back to our table with both our plates of food and drinks. 

"Enjoy your meal, ill be back with the check soon." She said with a bright smile, I could tell by her smile that she was a very kind person but seen weakness while looking up to her eyes, but why am I worried about that? Im on a date with a cute guy whos makes actual music! I turned back my focus on Zi...Cale- ZION, who was already taking about out of one of the chicken strips. I held my stomach feeling and slightly hearing as it growled lightly. I immediantly picked up one of the strips and bit into one myself, they were pretty good. 

"So um, do you have any performances I should be looking forward to seeing?" I asked as I poured Ketchup over my fries in a drizzle. He shook his head.

"Nah, not at the moment, But we are kinda busy with writing news songs and recording them in the studio"

"Oh I see, cool cool."

About a 20 minutes later we finally finished and the kind waitress brought back the check, I assumed we were going to split the check until he opened his mouth.

"Sooo, you're paying for both of us right?"

I looked up at him a bit confused but I quickly laughed it off because I thought he was joking.

"Why would I pay for both of our meals" I asked with a laugh reaching into my pocket for some money. He sat up straight and watched my hand dig into my left pocket as he spoke.

"I mean..I gotta know if you're a secure and independent women or not?"

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean? " I thought to myself in my head. Did he really just say that, I seriously hoped he was joking, instead of getting annoyed I just looked him in the eyes and asked.

"Well why cant we just we just split the check..? we both ate the same thing so its not that much..."

He grabbed the check and looked it over a few times, then finally said with an eye roll, reaching down into his own pocket to grab his wallet.

"I mean I guess we can do that..." 

I couldn't believe it, he was actually serious. Did he really think I was just gonna do that? That was a really dumb ass thing to say. That's something someone broke would ask and I knew damn well he wasn't broke.

"Ready to go?" He asked standing up and walking over to my chair, which I thought he was going to pull it out for me to get out, since he walked behind it but he only did that to try and get phone service. I scooted the chair back after placing my money in the check along with his, then nod my head and said in a kind of dull voice.

"Yeah...Lets go." Starting off I thought he was  pretty chill and sweet but now I was feeling as if that vibe was kind of rubbing off but i decided to just see how things kept going between us, i mean this was only the first date right?