[ yandere male assassin x reader ]

[ Here's a little information on the yandere in the story: ]

[This yandere's name is Azai Terutsune. In Japanese form, which is surname before the first name, his name is Terutsune Azai. He is an Edo based Assassin, which was during the time of the samurai. ]

You walked throughout your little trading city of Ranshiro at night, slightly exhausted. Although -most girls your age were getting married, having kids, or staying at home- none of that stuff satisfied you enough. You were a hard worker, too much so. Anything that people could help you with, you wanted to do yourself. However, helping other people in need was an instinct and usually very happily taken. The older women in the village have learned your name and always enjoy small talk while farming. However, as hardworking as you were, true and actual friends is what you didn't have. Most of the time you felt you were truly alone. Sometimes you wished, that once you could have someone to love or possibly someone to just have over and relax with. You sigh out an exasperated breath, as the lanterns light your path home.

However, a loud THUD! pulled you from your thoughts. As you looked around to find where the sound came from a drunk man yelling as he stumbled trying to get up from floor of the alley next to the bar. "Help! He's going to-" a quick slice of something sharp and all of a sudden his neck was slit and spewing blood. Without thinking twice, you ran for your home pulling up your kimono slightly as to not trip on it. A quick hand grabbed you and pulled you into the next alleyway. You squirmed and cried as the figure had his hand over your mouth.

He looked at your skin in the moonlight and how, although glossy, how intoxicating the reflection of the moon on your (eye color) eyes were. He ran his finger over the edge of your cheek. For some reason, getting a rush from the sensation. In your eyes however, each moment was tantalizing. Not knowing, if or when he was going to kill you. His dark blue mask covered up the bottom portion of his face. His eyes moved to every feature of your face. Your lips, which looked frustratingly tempting to him. He ran his thumb over your bottom lip. Oh, although he had only met you, how he wished to kiss you passionately.
   He suddenly let you go, "Go home, little rabbit." You looked confused for a second, but made no hesitation to book it to your home on the next street. You ran in and closed the door hoping he didn't follow you.

The next couple of months, a feeling had persisted while you went around doing your daily tasks. The ominous feeling like someone was watching your every movement. While you slept, the feeling slept in the back of your subconscious. However, while the feeling was frightening it wasn't crippling and thus, you continued with your life. During this time you also met with a handsome soldier by the name of Tomura Kobayashi. He had approached you first asking if you needed any help. At the time you were carrying a local family's crops in a basket, which was immensely heavy, so to his surprise you said yes. And your relationship had bloomed from there. However, the feeling afterward you had gotten was not like the others. It was the feeling of being watched, but they were now angry eyes. Immense jealousy and fury were held in them as Azai watched you hold that undeserving man's hand.

Azai was furious, and blood thirsty. He craved the attention to be on him. He craved to hold you close all the time. For the months, he had watched you, studying you. Your motives, your subtle movements, he had fallen deeply in love with you. He needed you. And he would not let any other man take you from him. He studied his tactics, he observed the man you "loved". Just the fact you let those words out of your mouth about someone other than Azai, absolutely infuriated him. You loved Tomura . Azai thought you were foolish, he thought you didn't know yet. Merely, he didn't want to believe that you could love anyone else, but him. He observed Tomura and realized he needed to be eliminated. He had to be killed.