▷ Chapter 13

Previously:
Nine coughed, and fixed himself, taking a step forward. "Anyway, let's get those dipshits of bandits and wrap this up easily. We're going to get that crystal gem back no matter what."

Note:
UPEX - Union of Paroxysmal Exploits
¦¦¦ - flashback
¦¦¦¦ - end of flashback
-----
It was dark and eerie at first when the deadly sins saw the inside of a cave that was somehow the hideout of the bandits they were looking for. It was a little odd for the bandits to choose a hideout like this, but eh. A typical hideout for your typical group of bandits.

"Do we plan on how to get the gem back?" Minsuh asked. "And just so you know guys, we've been standing here for five minutes."

"Our plan is just simple." Nine said. "We just get the gem and bring it back to the castle safely. Then the queen will deal with the captured bandits."

"That's...it? Nine, are you serious?"

"Pretty much. Now, let's get going." Nine flicked his wrist and a purple flame ignited from the top of his hand. It was his magic ability.

The sins entered the cave and it was really quiet inside, which is somehow unusual. But [Name] speculated that the bandits were still far ahead which is why they couldn't hear any noise coming from the said fairies.

"Akimitsu, do you... Do you still have doubts about me?" [Name] questioned, looking at Akimitsu straight in the eyes.

The two of them stared at each other, before Akimitsu blinked. "I don't doubt you, [Name]. It's just that you don't trust us enough to tell your problems to us. You know that we're here...I'm here to help you. I don't want to see you suffer because you already did. A lot even."

[Name] stared at him for a while before tearing her gaze away from him and closed her eyes, sighing. "I see, I was mistaken. My apologies, Akimitsu."

Akimitsu gave her a small nod. He knew that something was bothering the h/c haired girl but she didn't want to tell it to them. Even if he asked her about it, she would either brush off the topic or change it.

"Sshh. Do you guys hear that shit?" Nine asked as he quickly sushed the other sins.

Now, there was noise inside the cave. It sounded like the bandits were singing, dancing, and drinking.
Before Nine could take a step forward and see what they were doing, he was interrupted when someone had covered his mouth and faced him towards the person who caught him.

Nine's eyes widened when he saw that the other members of the bandits had caught the other generals as well. Then the person who caught him sprayed something on his face that caused his consciousness to slowly drift away.

"Looks like we have visitors." The person uttered, before Nine went unconscious.

¦¦¦

"Ah, it's cold." A small girl, not above the age of twelve, uttered to herself as she slowly sat up from the ground she laid at.

She rubbed her eyes, to clear the fogging perspective of hers that was caused from the fall she had earlier, and blinked a few times. Soon, she saw a tall frame of a man that seemed to walk towards her, and realized who it was as the guy went nearer.

"What the hell are you doing on the floor?" The man with dark red hair asked, offering a hand to help her.  'Ah. It's him.'

"Nothing, really. I fell from the window after finishing my mission. Sorry from being an idiot." The little girl with h/c hair willing took the hand and brushed her clothes to remove the dirt away.

"At least you know you're an idiot. Anyways, come with me there's someone you need to meet." The guy said motioning for her to follow him.

The both of them entered the car without another word or two and waited for the car to reach the destination. [Name] raised an eyebrow in confusion as she saw that she they were nearing the main headquarters of the UPEX.