Chapter 3: Summer Cheering

I had spent the night at my friends house before Summer Cheering so the day of we could get ready together. We went to the movies, went shopping then went back to her house and chilled eating some fruit on her top bunk. Around ten thirty at night we put a movie on but it made us sleepy so the last thing I knew we were asleep by eleven maybe elevn thirty. 

        I woke up to my phone vibrating saying "Cassidy has sent you a message on Facebook" so I opened it. She said.

        Cassidy: Victoria could you find someone else to go to this justin bieber concert with you?

        My heart stopped. I had to dreaming because is she seriously going to cancel on me? Or is she joking like what. I sat up straight in bed, getting all hot because I didn't want this to happen. Especially three days before the concert. I messaged her back asking all sorts of questions like why? What do you mean? 

        Cassidy: I just listened to his new music and Im not in to it. Its not my type and I just realized theres going to be thousandss of girls there probably screaming at the top of thei lungs and with my anxiety and all I could have a panick attack. Plus my dad knows I didn't really want to go and he doesn't wanna waste money on something I wouldn't have fun at. 

        I felt like this was all going down hil. I still don't get why went through with the whole thing if she didn't really want to go. I wasn't forcing her I just brought up the idea and she agreed to it. I didn't understand. I woke my friend up but she used the excuse that she needed a drink, but I knew it was because of me with my phone vibrating from communicating back and forth with Cassidy. I kept asking myself why, why would she tell me now. Threee days before the cocnert that she didin't want to go. I would of understood from the beginning when I suggested the idea if she didn't want to, but she said yes! 

        I was at the point where I was red and hot because I was getting frustrated and upset with whom I thought my best friend would never do something like this to me. It was around one in the morning when we just stopped talking because what was the point. She told me her mom would still help pay for the room if we got someone to pay back the money they spent on Cassidys ticket. I told her I would try and find someone but if I can't I don't know what to do. I knew at the point my sister wouldn't want to go so I crossed her off the list. I had other friends to chose from but half of them didn't like Justin so I had to cross them off the list as well. The friend I was staying with for the night said she would go but since her birthday was the 24th they were going to New York so she couldn't. I understood. I tried sleeping it off but then realizing my time was quickly running out. 

        In the morning I just forgot about everyone, everything and focused on cheering. If you didn't focus it could end up hurting yourself or someone else if you were stunting. Which we were. After we were done stretching, stunting, and learning new cheers we had a water break and then we all just chilled while talking about the season and our theme and such. I had the oppurtunity to ask one of my friends who I knew would love to go! When I asked she was flattered that I wanted her to go and that she knew Cassidy would do something like this but she had just went to her dads house in California and didn't have enough money of her own to pay for the ticket. She felt bad but I understood because I was asking last minute to. At this point I didn't know what to do but give up but something kept telling me not. 

        When my mom came and picked me up from the school I didn't tell her what Cassidy did and my mom had known something went wrong at cheering or the night before. She could just read my facial expression. I tried telling her that Cassidy bailed on me and I needed to find someone to pay for the ticket all in three days, but the tears just came bursting out of my eyes, running down my cheeks making it hard to speak for her to understand. We went home and I tried calming myself down to the point where I could talk and she could understand me but the thought of not being able to see Justin was breaking my heart causing more tears to come out. My mom didn't know what to say because we both discussed the only option..to just not go. I was to the point where I screamed at her saying NO. 

        I didn't want to give up. I wantd to go and if I couldn't find anyone then I was just going to go by myself and pay her back with my money. I then called my sister letting her know that Cassidy bailed but then everytime I kept saying that I would start crying so I was trying to tell my sister what happened while crying. Her voice was shaky because she felt bad to see her little sister torn from just this concert but she knew she had to do the right thing and just go to a Justin Bieber concert with me. When she said that it'll be fine, "I'll go with you." My heart stopped. I cried harder only because a relief and that I was finally going to see the love of my life ten to fifteen feet away from me. She then got Deedras number off of facebook, talked to her about the room and the ticket situation making sure everything was a hundred percect all good to go in three days. The only thing I wanted to hear was "Everythings all set to go for you two. Enjoy," and thats exactly what I got. In just three days my sister and I were off to Boston.