Intro

“Will you come back?” Soojung asked, swallowing the lump that had been in her throat ever since Jaehyun told her that he had to go overseas for military leave.

“Of course.” He spoke softly, breathing heavy in hopes to hide his sadness, knowing she was already in enough pain right now.

“Do you promise?” Soojung asked, the tears finally escaping and rolling down her face.

“I promise.” Jaehyun whispered, cupping her face with his hands and wiping away her tears.

“You won’t be alone for long.” he said softly right before kissing her.

“Boarding now for the flight to Australia.” a female voice announced on the overhead speaker.

“I guess this is goodbye for now.” Jaehyun said as they pulled away from the kiss.

Soojung just nodded, not able to speak through the pain.

“Goodbye..” Soojung mouthed, watching him check in.

Soojung collapsed on the floor seconds after Jaehyun walked through the final gates, finally letting out all those tears she had been holding back, and began banging on the floor in anger and desperation.

This wasn’t the first time Jaehyun had left because he was a soldier, he had left before but something in Soojung’s gut told her that that was her last time seeing him.