Prologue

"... Lay your weary head to rest, don't you cry no more..." the song finished and the man with the angelic voice spun around on his heels with a soft smile on his lips.

"And here is your Watermelon Mojito Smoothie as well as your Sunrise Sunset Smoothie," Brendon stated as he placed the two drinks on the counter for the awaiting costumer. "Have a good day," he added, smiling when the woman grabbed her two smoothies and passed him a ten dollar bill.

"You really do have an amazing voice. You could really go somewhere in life kid," the lady replied sweetly before turning away from the counter and walking out of the Tropical Smoothie Cafe.

A pink blush tinted Brendon's cheek as he chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck, slipping his tips into his apron. Despite hearing the compliment multiple times from many of his costumers and passerbys, he still gets flustered by the comments and awkward.

"Urie! Stop spacing out and help me carry these boxes in!" the pink haired boy yelled from the back, pulling Brendon out of his thoughts. Brendon turned around and noticed Josh, his coworker, struggling to carry in the ingredients they had stocked up on for smoothies. A laugh escaped from his lips as he hurried to his friend's side, grabbing the box that was almost as big as Josh and carrying it to the supply closet.

"One of these days you're going to get yourself hurt by trying to show off to the delivery guy," Brendon stated as he set the box down, rolling his eyes when he heard Josh huff like a child. He moved out of the way as another employee rushed over to the box to open it and put all the ingredients away. "Don't act like that, you know I'm right," he added as he walked over to Josh who had his arms crossed over his chest.

"That 'delivery guy' has a name, you know," Josh grumbled as he glared at his friend. The corners of Brendon's lips quirked up and shrugged nonchalantly.

"Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that," he muttered sarcastically. "We better hurry up and get the rest of the boxes so we don't keep Joseph waiting." Brendon chuckled once again when he noticed Josh's eyes widen, the pink haired boy realizing he left the other boy outside all alone. Brendon shook his head at Josh in a playful manner before walking past the shorter one, heading outside to grab some boxes from the back of the delivery truck.

And here goes another long and tiring day, Brendon thought to himself as he and Josh quickly got to work.

((A/N I apologize for the short chapter, I just wanted to give you guys some introduction before the actual story begin. The other chapters will hopefully be longer and well written! I'm still trying to decide when my updating schedule will look like but I'll probably let you all know by the time the next chapter is published. Anyways, please enjoy the story!))