Chapter 2: Meet Hank.

~Third Person~

Connor walked up to the reception desk at the police station.

"Can I help you?"

"I'm looking for Lieutenant Anderson."

"Do you have authorisation?"

"Yes."

Connor connect to the android receptionist showing his authorisation.

"Lieutenant Anderson hasn't arrived yet but you can wait at his desk."

Connor walked over to Hank's desk and starts to analyse everything on it. He found out that he hates androids, listens to Knights of the black death, has a dog, is a decorative cop and is a Detroit basketball fan.

Shortly after, Hank arrived.

"It's good to see you again Lieutenant."

Hank was yes wasn't surprised at the same time with the fact that Connor was waiting for him at his desk.

"Uh, jesus."

Afterward, Captain Fowler called Hank into his office whilst Connor follows.

"I've got ten new cases involving androids on my desk everyday. We've always had isolated incidents. Old lady's looking their android maids and that kinda crap. But now. We're getting reports of assaults and even homicides, like that guy last night. This isn't just Cyberlife's problem anymore. It's now a criminal investigation and we've got to deal with it before this shit hits the fan! I want you to investigate these cases and see and see if there's any link."

"Why me? Why do I gotta be the one to deal this shit? I am the least qualified cop in the country to handle this case! I know jack shit about androids, Jeffrey. I can barely change the setting on my own phone!"

"Everybody's overloaded. I think your perfectly qualified for this type of investigation."

"Bullshit! The truth is nobody wants to investigate these fuckin' androids and you're lettin' me holdin' the bag!"

"Cyberlife sent over this android to help with this investigation. It's a state-of-the-art prototype. It'll act as your partner."

"No fuckin' way! I don't need a partner and certainly not this plastic prick!"

"Hank! You are seriously starting to piss me off! You are a police Lieutenant! You're supposed to do as I say and shut your God damn mouth!"

"Y'know what my god damn mouth has to say to you, huh?!"

"Ok, ok.. I'll pretend I didn't hear that, so I don't have to add any more pages to your disiplinary folder cause it already looks like a fuckin' novel! This conversation is over!"

"Jeffrey, Jesus Christ! Why are you doin' this to me? Y'know how much I hate these fuckin' things. Why are you doin' this to me?"

"Listen. I have just had brought of your bitchin'! Either your do your job or hand over your badge. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got work to do!"

Hank storms out of the office groaning and Connor follows.

"I get the impression that my presence causes you some inconvenience, Lieutenant. I'd like you to know that I'm very sorry about that. In any case, I'd like you to know that I'm very happy to be working with you. I'm sure we'll make a great team."

Hank did and didn't agree with what Connor just said. He hated android with a passion cause of what happened to his son but he also thought of Connor in a way that he couldn't understand yet alone describe.

"Is there a desk anywhere I could use?"

"No one's using that one." Hank pointed to the empty desk in front of his."

Connor said at that desk and tried to have a conversation with Lieutenant.

"You have a dog, right?"

"How do you know that?"

"The dog hairs on your chair. I like dogs. What's your dog's name?"

"What's it to ya? ..... Sumo. I call him Sumo."

"Do you listen to Knights of the black death? I really like that music. It's full of ... Energy."

"You listen to heavy mental?"

"Well, I don't really listen to music as such. But I'd like to.
You're a Detroit Gears fan, right? Denton Carter scored 53% of his shots from the three-point line yesterday. Did you see the game?"

"That's what I was watching at the bar last night."

"Oh..... If you have any files on deviants. I'd like to take a look at them."

"Terminal's on you desk. Knock yourself out."

Connor accessed the computer and scanned all the files. Hank watched him curiously.

"243 files. The first dates back nine months. It all started in Detroit... And quickly spread across the country... An AX400 is reported to have murdered a man last night. That could be a good starting point for our investigation."

Hank turn away from Connor while he was talking. Afterwards, Connor got up off his chair and walked over to him. Hank turn away from Connor again and picked up a tablet that was on his desk.

I understand that you're facing personal issues, Lieutenant, but you need to move past them and--"

"Hey! Don't talk to me like you know me. I'm not your friend and I don't need your advice, okay?"

"I've been assigned this mission, Lieutenant. I didn't come here and wait until you feel like working."

Hank got up, grabbed Conner by his jacket and pinned him against the wall. He felt a little bad by doing this but his anger took control of him. ,

"Listen asshole. If it was up to me, id put the lot of you into a dumpster and set a match to it. So stop pissing me off... Or things are gonna get nasty."

A cop came over and told Hank that he has some information on the AX400 who killed a man last night. Hank and Connor stared at each other. Hank had the udge to hug Connor and apologize but went again them because he had no reason to apologize. They both investigated the case about the AX400 they couldn't find them so they headed back and called it a day. Hank and Connor's bond get a little and (at this stage) made Connor have a tiny bit of deviancy inside of him.