Chapter Ten ➣ Dan

1ST POV

A hand finds mine in the darkness as I am pushed forwards, walking as best as I can without the luxury of seeing my feet; or anything for that matter.
I squeeze the hand in response. It's Phil's, I know it is.
After a bit more walking we're pulled apart again, and I'm shoved harshly again.
I have a bad feeling about this.
The bag is removed from my head, and I squint as my eyes adjust to the light.
I'm in what looks like a boxing ring, but with spikes on the sides preventing me from escaping. Surrounding are rows and rows of seats, full of rows and rows of people. People with tattoos, wacky hairstyles, piercings covering their entire faces. They all had a wolf tattoo on their left shoulder.
Shit.
Where's Phil?
I scan around me once more, and finally find him, and I wish I hadn't.
He's sat cross-legged on the floor, chains around his wrists. Chains that were held by none other than Damien Wolfblood himself, smirking down at me.
"What is this?" I find my voice, clenching my fists at my sides at the fear in Phil's vibrant blue eyes.
"Let's just call it... a little test. To see if you really deserve to rejoin."
I don't even fucking want to, asshole.
I look over at a noise - a clanging, metal on metal sort of noise. Someone else has been shoved into the ring with me, but their fists are raised and ready.
I look back over at Damien and Phil.
Phil is biting his lip. He hates fighting, is what I've realised.
"I won't fight."
Glares shoot at me from all around.
The man in the ring runs at me, intending to punch. I step out of the way, but my eyes are still on Phil's.
The tiniest of smiles grows on his face.
"Fight you gay prick!" Damien growls.
What?
"Yeah that's right. I know your little secret." Damien lifts a knife to Phil's throat.
"I'm not gay," I stare at him, dodging another punch without looking away.
He laughs loudly, and the crowd joins him. "Awe, he's in denial. And there I was thinking you were smart."
I dodge a kick, and the man groans in frustration.
"Fight, Dan. Or I'll kill your little boyfriend."
I know he wasn't kidding.
Phil whimpers slightly as the knife is pushed lightly against his throat.
I swallow, and turn to face the guy, who looks somewhat relieved for this.
He throws a lazy side punch. I duck under, and kick his feet from out of him.
He stays on his feet. He's stronger than I thought, but I'm faster. He grabs me and throws me against one of the walls.
I regain my balance quickly, and run at him. He tries to punch me again, but I dodge.
When I'm close enough, I whack him upwards with an uppercut. He turns his head and spits blood, before turning to me with a glare. He grabs me by the throat, lifting me into the air. I grab hold of his arm and twist it painfully. He drops me. I kick him hard in the stomach. He toppled to the ground.
I steal a glance over at Phil.
He's terrified, and I can't tell whether the fear is of me or for me.
Selfishly, I hope it's the latter.
I'm still watching him when the heavily built man punches me in the face.
It hurts like crazy.
And suddenly I'm on the floor, and he's kicking me in the stomach, over and over and over. I don't let myself make a sound, not wanting to give Damien the satisfaction of my pain.
He keeps kicking. Immense pain each time his foot makes contact with my chest.
He's probably cracked a rib.
Then I hear a voice.
"Come on, Dan!" Phil calls out.
I grab his foot as it swings towards me again, and throw him over myself. I stumble to my feet, sucking in a deep breath. He gets up again, and goes to knock me down once more.
I don't give him a chance. I grab his arm, and twist it behind him. A loud crack echoes through the room, and he yells out. Then I use his injured arm, and shove his face into one of the spikes on the walls. At first he struggles.
And then he stops.
Blood pours out of his body, onto my hands, my clothes.
I look down at him and my hands silently, paling.
"I knew you had it in you."
Damien's smirking.
"I'm not gay."
I'm glaring back.
"Oh? Then I'm sure you won't mind if I do this." Damien tugs on Phil's chains, forcing him closer, and presses his lips strongly on his.
That hurt more than the fight did.
"GET OFF OF HIM, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE." I run to the side of the ring, gripping the bars angrily.
Damien laughs coldly, shoving Phil harshly back to the ground. His dark eyes meet mine, and finally he's angry. "You were supposed to be gay for me, Dan."
"W-what?" Phil whimpers from the ground.
I glare back at him.
"Oh he hasn't told you?" Damien's laugh sounds like a cackle, laced with satisfaction and anger all at once.