She Way Out (FINAL!)

Morning came quick, and Y/N was awoken by Lance kicking her shins in his sleep. So, she kicked him back, waking him up immediately. Keith then woke too due to the commotion, grumbling and trying to wipe the sleep from his eyes. Y/N sat up, draping the blanket over her head tiredly and Keith couldn't help but smile. She was cute when she was tired. Her hair was messy and her blinks were slow.

"Wow, you two didn't kill each other in your sleep." She croaked, laying back down and rolling to her side where she faced Keith. Shyly, he raised his blanket to cover most of his face and avoided any eye contact.

"Well, duh, I promised." Lance shoved her, making the girls body nearly roll right into Keith. So early in the morning, he didn't appreciate the near heart attack it caused. Y/N groaned and tried to fall back asleep, very obviously still exhausted from yesterdays adventures.

"If you boys don't get up and help us pack, we're leaving you here!" Allura hollered out, her 'mom side' as Lance called it was coming out. Suddenly their door was flying open, the brightness making all three kids grumble in detest and hide beneath the sheets like vampires.

"What—" Allura's eyes fluttered wide and she stood in the doorway awkwardly. "How are you guys still sleeping??"

"We were up late!" Lance cried. "Give us a breaaaak. It's summer."

"We'll, we're leaving in a couple hours. So get up!" She tossed a pillow at Lance's head, prompting him to get up off of the ground. Soon, Y/N and Keith followed, gathering their things off of the floor and packing their bags.

The morning was bittersweet. Everyone, especially Keith, knew they had to get back to the Garrison, do their chores and prepare for next semester. But, Keith was also excited to head back to the city. There, at the Garrison, he'd have practically unlimited time with Y/N, more than enough to get to know her properly. This weekend had truly been a whirlwind of experiences and emotions, but he was glad it happened.

Breakfast didn't quite taste so good this morning, but Pidge figured it was because no one wanted to leave the cottage. It was such a perfect place for a group of people like themselves, almost too perfect. But, at least everyone was once again on good terms. Lance and Keith seemed to have settled their dispute since they talked freely like they always used to. Y/N seemed at ease with everything that had happened, just glad the boys were no longer at each others throats.

Once the car was packed, everyone looked back to the cottage and the ocean one last time. They bid their silent farewells to the place which would now be locked into their memories and jumped in the cars. Quickly, Keith took a photo and shoved his phone back into his pocket. No way would he ever allow the memories he made this weekend to slip away.

Pidge, Keith, and Y/N weren't overly excited to have Lance driving again, but they'd started to grow used to it. Besides, Y/N and Keith were happy to be placed in the back of the car once again as they could share music and somewhat enjoy the ride. Luckily, Pidge had found batteries to replace the dead ones in the CD player and Y/N and Keith shared the headphones on the way home. After a while, Keith found Y/N's head in his lap, the girl sleeping contently. He didn't mind, though.

The same song which prompted this whole adventure began to play once again as Lance's car pulled into the Garrison parking lot. It made Keith smile to himself, a feeling of contentment washing over him. If it weren't for The 1975, that one song, who knew how this weekend may have turned out. If that song hadn't played, none of this might have even happened. If it weren't for the music, Keith never would have locked eyes with Y/N that first day, singing in the car. If it weren't for the music, they wouldn't have shared that moment on the beach, or spent the night in the hammock together. Without the music, Keith may have been coming back to the Garrison twice as miserable as before.

"Wakey, wakey," Lance shook Y/N's leg, forcing her awake. The first thing she realized was that they were back at the Garrison, second she realized her head had been in Keith's lap most of the ride, third she heard the all familiar song playing in her ear. After listening for a couple of seconds, she smiled up at Keith.

"A full 360, huh?" Y/N laughed. The song which started this whole journey also happened to bring it to a close.

"Yeah," Keith ruffled Y/N's hair, hitting pause on the CD player and handing it to her. If he could keep it, he would. But, it probably meant more to Y/N than it did to him. He figured it had to have some kind of sentiment seeing as how hardly anyone had physical copies of music anymore.

Lazily, everyone slung their bags over their shoulders and hiked up to the front entrance of the dorms. On their walk, they all agreed to hang out as often as they could, particularly in Allura's basement where they'd be saved from the heat. Amidst the conversation, Pidge squealed ever so slightly and began to run forwards. Sure enough, coming around one of the corners ahead was her older brother, Matt. He happily took his sister in his arms and looked up to the group.

"Hey, Y/N!" Matt called out with a wide smile on his face, waving.

"Woah, Matt?!" Y/N questioned in slight disbelief. "You two are siblings?!"

"Yeah!" He laughed.

"You guys know each other too?! How'd I not know this?!" Lance threw his arms in the air in exasperation.

"Soccer," Y/N and Matt said at the same time, both bursting out in laughter.

"We both train later at night when no one else is on the field." Matt explained. "So, we just started practicing together."

"You told me you were always doing homework..." Pidge grumbled.

Matt rolled his eyes. "Well, I guess I lied. You'd make fun of me if I told you I was playing soccer instead of studding."

"Fair enough." Pidge agreed. "Bye guys!" She waved off and briskly walked down the hall, totally ditching Matt. Pidge, above everyone else, was exhausted to the bone and wanted to be reunited with her bed immediately. Hunk did the same soon after, followed by Shiro and Allura.

That just left Y/N, Matt, Lance and Keith. None of them really wanted to go their own ways, and soon enough a smirk arose on Y/N's face.

"What do you guys say to pizza?"

"Y e s." Lance nearly fainted at the thought. With that, Y/N was racing down the hall towards her dorm, waving for the boys to follow.

Tonight, the four would all enjoy their time squished together on a bed, eating pizza and watching a movie off of Matt's laptop. It may not sound like all that great of a time to someone else, but to Keith, it was all he'd ever wanted. He looked forward to seeing where this summer would take him, and more importantly, where he would end up with Y/N.

How one single song had brought someone as awesome as her into his life so suddenly, he wasn't sure. But, it had to be for a reason.

After everyone departed to their rooms for the night, just Y/N and Keith remained sprawled out on the bed. The girl seemed content to just be, but Keith was anxious sitting around doing nothing while the girl he'd fallen head over heels for lay right beside him. Just existing was never enough for Keith—he had to be living, doing exciting things which made his heart race.

Afraid to speak, the dark haired bout let a soft smile grow on his face, his cheeks flushed as he turned his attention towards the blanket he meddled with in his hands.

"So, Y/N." He mumbled nervously. "Where to now?"

"So, Kogane." Y/N stifled a laugh. "How about the rooftop?"

___________________

___________________

A/N: Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all of the support towards this story. I know it was short, but I hope you liked it nevertheless! Sometimes, short and sweet stories make some of the best. (: This is, and probably always be, my favourite story I've written. 

Thanks sososososo much again for all of your support and I'll see you in the next story! :D