11. Marked

It's been five hours since I marked my mate without his consent... Or mine to that matter, and I haven't seen him since. 

I was in the conference room all wet and trembling because of my nerves and the fresh air my wet body was feeling. 

Lilith was in the room, trying to make me talk or at least give her a response. Rosy and Lorelai were here too, they were talking to each other.

I couldn't really talk, I was still in shock. Malcolm was in my room, apparently being taken care of by a couple of doctors, Morgan and Alexa. Rosie was the one with the incredible idea to splash me with water, they had no reaction.

I was trying to move or at least make a sound. But my body wasn't responding to my commands. I was stuck.

"Oh, bordel de merde! Look at her visage, she looks freezing cold!" Lilith cries out and envelops me with a towel.

"Great idea, Rosetta," She was mad, she used Rosie's full name. I wanted to smile, but I couldn't even move my eyes. 

She starts rubbing my body. That is when I feel that I am regaining some of my mobility.

"This is Angel, I never saw like this. First time I saw her this distraught. She wasn't like this even at the parents' funeral," Lorelai whispers to the other two, looking terrified. 

"Do you think she broke?"

Rosie looks at the small wolf beside her and hits her in the back of the head.

"It's Angel, she doesn't break. She is going to be fine. She is just in shock," Rosie responds, biting her lower lip. 

I feel my mouth move, then I feel a small sound coming out of it.
I was laughing.

"Why is she laughing? I thought she couldn't hear us or something," Lorelai asks, even more, terrified than before. I felt pretty creepy by laughing but not moving.

"HOW IS SHE? HOW IS MY NIECE?! MOVE AWAY, I NEED TO SEE HER!" Huh, I thought they were coming home tomorrow. 

Why are they home so early? I hear the double door of the conference room. 

I can smell three family members. My Grandma, Alpha Olympe; my ever-loving aunt Victrix and my incredible uncle came rushing to my side.

Immediately, my aunt starts touching my face, trying to make me react. 

Which I slightly do by moving my pupils.

"Mom, what is wrong with her? Why is she like this?" My aunt's voice was panicky, she was slapping ever so gently my cheeks to make me react. 

My grandmother pushes her out of the way.

"Let her go, you idiot. Her mind is protecting itself from physical pain. She disconnected her own mind from her body. I taught her that technique," She gives me a slight smirk and I know I responded with my eyes. 

"C'mon, child, it's okay now. You are no longer alone. He is fine," She mind-links me, calming my wolf by sending feel-good vibes.

"Why the fuck did you teach her that? She looks like a zombie!" Rosie pips in, she and my grandmother always butted heads with the manners. 

My grandmother was straight forward but she didn't like to use curse words.

"You should learn too, Rosetta," She chastised her, using the same technique as Lilith, continuing calming my wolf and petting my hair. 

"You are the pack trainer, if you get kidnapped and tortured, it is much pleasant if you don't feel anything than it, doesn't it?" She sasses, explaining.