Longing for Him

Cordelia Ravus was usually not one to pine after someone. She had grieved for her parents after their deaths, yes, but that was the only instant. That wasn't the case anymore, though. Not after meeting Therion. The two hadn't spent much time together, but she had felt an instant connection with him. When he was gone, on his search for the dragonstones, she often wondered if he had felt it as well. She could tell he had been betrayed in the past from the moment she met him and could tell that he was wary of her. It was obvious in the way he would speak to her and Heathcote. Telling him about her past had broken through his tough exterior, she had seen it in his eyes despite him doing his best to conceal it.

Now, on her way to Grandport, she couldn't help but to wonder where he was. He had said that they probably wouldn't see him again. Remembering their goodbye just intensified the longing she had. That, on top of the worry she held for Noa, was beginning to feel suffocating. Maybe, just maybe, when she finally got to see Noa, she would be able to speak plainly with her about this situation. Even if Noa didn't have any advice, being able to tell someone other than her diary would be nice. This just wasn't something she could talk about with Heathcote.

Pulling back the curtain and peeking out her window, she saw that they were finally arriving at their destination. Thankfully, the days long trip hadn't felt as long as she had thought it would. She sighed, letting the curtain softly swish back into place as she leaned back in her seat. After about ten minutes, the carriage stopped. She had arrived.

~~~~~~

Cordelia sat on the bench, eyes on the horizon of the water. She had found Noa and her family, safe and sound. Soon, they would all be having dinner together. She had decided to stop at the inn beforehand, though, to change out of her travel clothes. Turning, she glanced at the tavern. Biting her lip, she took a deep breath. She had done this in every town they travelled through. Jumping up, she ran to the tavern and ducked inside. She wound her way through the people, listening for a specific voice and looking for a specific face, both of which would stand out in any crowd, in her eyes. As usual, she didn't find him. Despite expecting it, she was still disappointed.

She began to head back to the inn, deciding that she would check back in the tavern the next day.